PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly sensitive skin on soles of feet?

sansdieu
01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Does anybody else suffer from this? It might just be a sensory issue, I'm not sure. On the other hand - corns, calluses, hotspots - all that while wearing well-fitting comfort (=super-ugly) shoes and smartwool socks. I wore MEMORY-FOAM slippers all day today, and I still managed to get some incredibly painful hot spots; I can barely walk now.

Googling yielded a combination of sites devoted to diabetes and foot fetishism that I did not click on (odd combo, I must say). My podiatrist won't listen to me; he keeps telling me I need to wear "well-fitting shoes" (he's convinced I change into Jimmy Choos as soon as I leave his office).

tiapam
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Does anybody else suffer from this? It might just be a sensory issue, I'm not sure. On the other hand - corns, calluses, hotspots - all that while wearing well-fitting comfort (=super-ugly) shoes and smartwool socks. I wore MEMORY-FOAM slippers all day today, and I still managed to get some incredibly painful hot spots; I can barely walk now.

Googling yielded a combination of sites devoted to diabetes and foot fetishism that I did not click on (odd combo, I must say). My podiatrist won't listen to me; he keeps telling me I need to wear "well-fitting shoes" (he's convinced I change into Jimmy Choos as soon as I leave his office).

I don't have any great advice except to fire your podiatrist! I would also look at systemic issues, any symptoms in the rest of your body? Also, I think if your foot is shaped in such a way, or has extra padding or bone, it can be hard to find shoes that really do fit you properly. Is there a specialty shoe store in your area? I would try some place like that if you have not already.

gatorsmom
02-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Could you have arthritis? My DH was diagnosed with rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis and he had pain in his skin too (there were a number of other symptoms though, too).

Sorry you are going through that. It sounds painful!

sansdieu
02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Thank you both. I do suspect something systemic, but I feel silly bringing it up on a visit with my regular doc (considering that I have plenty of other problems to deal with). Arthritis is an interesting thought, too.