PDA

View Full Version : anybody else have to deal with "man-cold"

♥ms.pacman♥
01-31-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.scarymommy.com/the-man-cold/

i could have totally written this blog post today, LOL. i love my DH, he is the best husband ever, but seriously, when he gets sick (we're talking a COLD here..no fever, no puking etc), it is really something else. i get so annoyed i want to scream. i'ts a cold. i don't get why he has to act like he's at freaking death's door.

last week DS & I both got sick with colds (and we are both still a bit sick). IMO being 7mos preggo and sick PLUS dealing with a sick 1yo is BY FAR easier than just having to deal with my DH when he is sick.

hellokitty
01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
That's hilarious! Yes, my DH is in club man cold too!

twowhat?
01-31-2011, 01:52 PM
LOL!! Well, my DH is part of the "man-allergies" club. Really, it is funny how debilitating sneezing can be. Oddly, he is NOT part of the man-cold club.

HonoluluMom
01-31-2011, 02:12 PM
My co-worker gets sick whenever someone sneezes or coughs in his general direction and then he's out for days.

edurnemk
01-31-2011, 03:33 PM
:hysterical: BTDT. I can relate completely.

As some of you know DH is now on bedrest because of a Deep Vein Thrombosis. He was diagnosed while on a business trip, and can't fly, so I flew out here and I'm stuck in a hotel room 24/7 with the patient until further notice. But I actually think his last man-cold was just as bad or worse than this.

jenfromnj
02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
That's how we roll around here, too! Even DS's man cold gene is already in full effect, the last time he had a cold he was a nightmare, to the point I took him to the ped fearing something worse was wrong, LOL, but nope, he was just rocking the man cold.

As some of you know DH is now on bedrest because of a Deep Vein Thrombosis. He was diagnosed while on a business trip, and can't fly, so I flew out here and I'm stuck in a hotel room 24/7 with the patient until further notice. But I actually think his last man-cold was just as bad or worse than this.

I'm sorry your husband is out of commission with DVT, and hope you're all able to get home soon! I just had to comment on this because my DH has had numerous blood clots (he has an autoimmune disorder and it's one of the things that happens with it), and he's been FAR less whiny and awful when hospitalized or otherwise really sick, than he is when he has a cold. It's somehow inversely proportionate.

brgnmom
02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
btdt. :hysterical:

newg
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
uh yeah...that is totally my DH too. He is finally starting to admit it too, which is nice, but it hasn't changed the fact that he is still a bigger baby than my babies are when they get sick!
Last week I had DH, DD1 and DD2 all sick with the same virus, which DH brought home (thanks DH)........I was about ready to send DH to a hotel and tell him to come home when he felt better!!

longtallsally05
02-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Yep, my DH makes more out of a sore throat and bit of congestion than I ever thought was possible. After spending a holiday with the ILs, I know why. For a solid week, MIL worried and fretted about DH's sore throat. She wanted me to look at it (I'm an RN), debated whether or not we should take DH to the emergency room for it, encouraged salt water gargles, brought him throat lozenges and Chloraseptic spray, made endless cups of herbal tea, she even chased DH down in the driveway to hand him a hot cup of broth to soothe his throat before he left on an errand. It was surreal. I guess DH leaned his man-cold reactions from his doting (s)mother; he thinks it is normal, expected behavior. I hate to break it to them, but a sore throat is not a medical emergency. Just take some freaking Tylenol and you'll be fine for the next 4-6 hours, for Pete's sake! It bears noting that I, too, had a sore thoat the entire time, but I acted like a normal person, so nobody treated me like an invalid.