PDA

View Full Version : Our Furnace stopped working!

blue
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Ugh, so frustrating! Its been snowing here since last night, and today our heat stopped working. We called the landlord and she said several other trailers don't have heat either. So, its going to be awhile till they can fix it.
If anyone has lived in a trailer before, you know what I mean when I say they have thin walls and don't retain heat well. Maybe some of the newer ones do, but the one we are renting was built in the 70's.
I would take DS to his cousins house to stay warm, but I cant picture my tiny 2 door car making it throw the snow :ROTFLMAO:
Thanks for listening to me vent. I am off to go do some cooking to try to heat our home up.

Update:
Our furnace is fixed! :boogie: The maintenance man came by last night and got it working, I am so glad and thankful that we did not have to go without heat during the night. (Poor maintenance man, he had so many emergency calls yesterday, his head was spinning).
One positive of the heat going out, I got a lot of cooking done yesterday during my efforts to keep the house warm. So our freezer is now stocked with the food I made.

malphy
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM
I am sorry! I totally feel your pain, as my heater broke last week. It really stinks especially with all the bad weather.

I just put a pot of water on the stove to boil and throw off some heat.

Hope it gets fixed asap!

blue
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I am sorry! I totally feel your pain, as my heater broke last week. It really stinks especially with all the bad weather.

I just put a pot of water on the stove to boil and throw off some heat.

Hope it gets fixed asap!

Thanks! (updated my post). I hope your heater has been fixed too!

WolfpackMom
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Oh my goodness Im glad you got some heat (and some cooking done!).

artvandalay
02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I"m so glad you have heat now. That would be so hard losing heat when you have young children. Are you in this blizzard path? Stay safe!

blue
02-01-2011, 02:38 PM
I"m so glad you have heat now. That would be so hard losing heat when you have young children. Are you in this blizzard path? Stay safe!

Yes, I was mostly worried about ds staying warm yesterday. Thankfully he is 19 months now, so in between cooking I was able to chase him around the house to help keep us both warm.
We just missed the blizzard path, and only got about 6-10 inches of snow yesterday.
I don't know where you live, but stay warm too!