PDA

View Full Version : Want new moisturizer - mild, with SPF

Canna
02-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I have somewhat sensitive skin. Many face lotions seem to burn or irritate my skin or eyes. I probably have "normal" skin. Not really oily, not terribly dry, but it's drier right now because it's winter. It's also more sensitive because it's winter. I'd prefer something with sunscreen. And of course I'd prefer something that's a bargain! In the past I've had pretty good experiences with Oil of Olay products, not all, but in general they seem to work with my body chemistry somehow. Conversely, Neutrogena always seems to burn my skin.

I had been using Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Sun Damage daily moisture lotion, but lately I feel it's too irritating. So I have gone back to my old standby, the basic Olay Complete all day moisture lotion SPF 15 'sensitive skin' variety. This Olay lotion always feels great going on my skin and it isn't greasy, but I feel that I'd like something maybe a little more moisturizing. My skin still almost feels dry when I wear it in the winter.

Thanks for any input!

alirebco
02-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I like Devita. It rates low on the cosmetic database and I've had no issues with it Breslin me out or giving me rashes.

lizzywednesday
02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Wow, I am the exact opposite - I can use Neutrogena with no problems but get Olay out and I break out.

Corie
02-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I like my Cetaphil facial moisturizer with SPF 15 and parsol 1789.

Lupe
02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I like Olay too
recently switched to Olay regenerist UV lotion SPF 50, a little more moisturizing and tons more SPF

willow33
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I use Clinique's Super Defense with SPF 25. They have a few options, but I use the one for combination/oily skin. I really like it and it doesn't make me break out at all.

kwc
02-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I love Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15. Feels light but moisturizing, and doesn't aggravate my eczema and acne prone skin (and I use retin-A at night so it is extra sensitive).... seems to help prevent redness. It's fair (I think a 6) on the EWG database, mostly because it has some fragrance.

For some reason, I can't use Neutrogena moisturizers either though Olay is OK. And I had irritation issues with the Aveeno Soy products.

dec756
02-04-2011, 08:10 PM
the olay complete with the black top (its white) sensitve skin with spf.

DrSally
02-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I like my Cetaphil facial moisturizer with SPF 15 and parsol 1789.

This has been the best for me too. I heard the vanicream with SPF is good too. Olay makes me break out and is not moisturizing enough for me.

Claki
02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't have a good solution for you. But I wonder if the SPF is what is irritating your skin? All moisturizers with SPF irritate my skin and sometimes turn it red. I use Kiehls ultra facial moisturizer without SPF. Someday I hope to find one with SPF that doesn't sting.