PDA

View Full Version : Snow days suck!!

twowhat?
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
All schools closed. Even my OFFICE closed and we were given time codes for billing so no one HAS to work. Well, except for those of us who were issued laptops, and have deadlines that the weather cannot move. So, here I am, attempting to work at home, with twins that don't play together alone for more than 24 seconds at a time.

I see many late nights and weekends in my future while other people in the company are probably sitting on the couch watching TV enjoying their 8 free hours. Life is so unfair sometimes!!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-01-2011, 12:36 PM
ugh, that sucks!! :( can a family member come and help you out? i can't imagine trying to get work done with little ones around!

and i hope u can get compensated somehow for having to work today, even though your office was closed (maybe get a day off another time?). i agree it sucks knowing that other peeps are probably just sleeping in and watching TV. i just saw a friend (single, no kids) post as his FB status saying how he's so happy his office is closed and he can work from home "quietly sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace in his PJs'". um, yeah, ain't that the life! and here i am trying to deal with a sick DH and a sick kid, and trying to prevent sick kid from distracting DH so he can get some work done...

twowhat?
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
ugh, that sucks!! :( can a family member come and help you out? i can't imagine trying to get work done with little ones around!

and i hope u can get compensated somehow for having to work today, even though your office was closed (maybe get a day off another time?). i agree it sucks knowing that other peeps are probably just sleeping in and watching TV. i just saw a friend (single, no kids) post as his FB status saying how he's so happy his office is closed and he can work from home "quietly sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace in his PJs'". um, yeah, ain't that the life! and here i am trying to deal with a sick DH and a sick kid, and trying to prevent sick kid from distracting DH so he can get some work done...

I wish:( I wouldn't want anyone to come help - the roads are slick with ice. I slid around just going down the walkway! I'd give anything to be in front of a fireplace sipping hot chocolate!! LOL!

You are right though - I'm going to hoard these hours and "use" them when I need them to run errands during the day or whatever. We're not supposed to, but fair's fair!

I don't envy you and your having to deal with a sick child AND man cold though:)

hellokitty
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Ugh, that DOES suck! I could not imagine trying to do work on a laptop with kids running around.

lizzywednesday
02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Ugh, that DOES suck! I could not imagine trying to do work on a laptop with kids running around.

I'm not sure which is worse - little kids running around or a little little one climbing on your knee and trying to "help" you work.

Been there, done that, totally feel your pain, OP.