PDA

View Full Version : After pregnancy issues/symptoms

KLD313
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
My baby is 4 mos old and I'm really hot, not hot flashes just warm. I was wondering if this is a post pregnancy thing or not?

luckytwenty
02-01-2011, 01:08 PM
It might be. My baby is 3 months old and I get extremely cold sometimes, and extremely hot others. Are you breastfeeding? I am and I think that comes with its own set of hormonal issues!

KLD313
02-01-2011, 01:26 PM
It might be. My baby is 3 months old and I get extremely cold sometimes, and extremely hot others. Are you breastfeeding? I am and I think that comes with its own set of hormonal issues!

I'm not breastfeeding anymore. I was asking because I have Grave's Disease and I know that's a symptom of it. I went into remission during the pregnancy but I just got my b/w back and I'm still testing normal. My chiropractor said it could be a hormonal after pg thing.

SkyrMommy
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
After having DD, the following ski season when I was still breast feeding I was warmer that I'd ever been on the slopes. Never cold, and could ski for hours... this winter my hands get chillier that last, but I'm still running warm.

luckytwenty
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm not breastfeeding anymore. I was asking because I have Grave's Disease and I know that's a symptom of it. I went into remission during the pregnancy but I just got my b/w back and I'm still testing normal. My chiropractor said it could be a hormonal after pg thing.

OK, honestly, in that case, I'd get it checked out. I was pretty much back to the old me well before 4 months when my oldest child (who I stopped nursing much earlier) was born. Maybe it is normal, but if you're worried about it, you should check it out. I think without BF, you should probably be done with most of the hormonal stuff by 8 weeks PP.

KLD313
02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I talked to the Physicians Assistant yesterday and told her my symptoms and she attributed it to after PG symptoms since my blood work was normal. I know sometimes with thyroid issues the symptoms come back but it takes longer for the TSH to catch up so maybe that's why they're recommending to check again in April. If I start getting the heart racing and shaking I'll call sooner and ask to be tested.

Thanks everyone.