PDA

View Full Version : snowpocolypse?......really.....

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
seriously-we've gotten maybe 4 inches of solid sleet on top of 1/4 inch of ice and that's been it. The kids could have gone to school today if the plows had kept up with it better. Almost the entire metro area is fine. Now I've got everyone home tomorrow as well. And I'm done with them.

Honestly-if the weather man is going to predict the storm of the decade you'd think they'd be more spot on. GRRRRRRRR!

artvandalay
02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, it's pretty nasty right now here... Not so much accumilation, but high winds, snow drifts/ice/sleet. I read the worst of it is yet to come for us...tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be the brunt of this beast.

As Barney would say, "Snowsuit UP"!!

smilequeen
02-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah, our area...not so impressive. But it isn't over until tommorrow right? So I am scared to say it isn't that bad quite yet...

newg
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
seriously-we've gotten maybe 4 inches of solid sleet on top of 1/4 inch of ice and that's been it. The kids could have gone to school today if the plows had kept up with it better. Almost the entire metro area is fine. Now I've got everyone home tomorrow as well. And I'm done with them.

Honestly-if the weather man is going to predict the storm of the decade you'd think they'd be more spot on. GRRRRRRRR!

Yeah, I'm kind of laughing right now because we are just getting rain......so unless the temp drops below freezing.....

And some of our school districts are being sooo paranoid, canceling way ahead of time.
I understand needing to worry about blowing snow, and 10+ '' of accumulating snow and 1+'' of ice.....but everyone else needs to suck it up a bit!!