PDA

View Full Version : Just a vent...feel free to ignore

lmwbasye
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
OMG, ladies...your husband is a UNITED STATES SOLDIER. He could have been stationed in Alaska, Fort Drum, Germany or could be in Afghanistan amongst a ton of other places where the conditions they are dealing with today are common. Yes...it's normally warmer here. Yes...we have had snow. Yes...it's bitterly cold. Yes...they're in the field.

But they will be okay. They are tough. They are equipped. They have an entire medical company out there with them...let alone the whole brigade.

So stop going on Facebook...disrespecting the commander....disrespecting leadership...disrespecting our volunteer wives who are trying to help out with your family groups and go drink some hot chocolate or something. Your soldier is not coming home just because it's cold. They are way tougher than that and are trained to deal.

And, most of all, stop disrespecting the name of Army Wife. We are way freaking more respectful, understanding, adaptable, and resilient than how you are acting.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Okay...just had to get that out in a forum where I could. Back to trying to get these women to calm down.

WolfpackMom
02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Ohh vent away. I would have a hard time not being passive aggressive and posting about how thankful I was that my DH was just having to deal with snow in TX rather than dodging bullets in Iraq or Afghanistan or something!
:hug:

lmwbasye
02-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Ohh vent away. I would have a hard time not being passive aggressive and posting about how thankful I was that my DH was just having to deal with snow in TX rather than dodging bullets in Iraq or Afghanistan or something!
:hug:

OMG...seriously. And these guys will be deploying soon. Oh, geez...what will the spouses do then?!

sunshine873
02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Not to mention it's good training for what they're about to go into in real life! Buck up girls, you are Army wives...how about being Army proud?

I totally understand your frustration OP.