PDA

View Full Version : Am I just being bitchy about birthdays?

SpaceGal
02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
So today's DD's second birthday. Not that I need that much attention but no one on either side of the family...called to tell her happy birthday. My mom and aunt nothing...they did speak to me over the weekend and talked about her birthday...but is that all it is. Is it because she's not quite talking that she doesn't even get a phone call.

DH's side...well they stink...most of them don't call but the one sister that usually remembers...didn't. Granted she's been on my bad list since she failed to call us when someone in the family died!! I mean come on...she was too busy to call/email/text/FB message a death in the family. UGH.

Needless to say...being snow bound and what not it would have been nice to have DD get some excitement for her birthday but she got nothing. It also stinks that DH is out of town this week...though I knew he would be I wish he was home with us...I don't know what difference it would have made but I wish he was home. How bad is it that I didn't even give DD her present yet because I wanted to wait for DH to be home too.

I am probably being petty and have winter blues or something but thanks for hearing me vent.

elephantmeg
02-03-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm sorry. That totally sucks. Happy b-day to your DD!

blue
02-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Sorry about your family, and by all means vent away!

Tell Your DD Happy Second Birthday! Here are some fun smilies for her. :cheerleader1: :boogie: :loveeyes::waving4::banana:

belovedgandp
02-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Gripe away. My oldest turned 7 this week. My family - parents and brother - do great at remembering and always have. My ILs not so much. DH has five siblings, parents and grandparents and DS1 will get a card/call from one brother. Nothing from the rest of them. Haven't made a one ever. Grandparents might give him a card if we see them close to the event but they won't make the effort to call or come see him.

It totally stinks and gets really old. I over compensate by always sending cards to everyone and gifts to niece/nephews.

SpaceGal
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Gripe away. My oldest turned 7 this week. My family - parents and brother - do great at remembering and always have. My ILs not so much. DH has five siblings, parents and grandparents and DS1 will get a card/call from one brother. Nothing from the rest of them. Haven't made a one ever. Grandparents might give him a card if we see them close to the event but they won't make the effort to call or come see him.

It totally stinks and gets really old. I over compensate by always sending cards to everyone and gifts to niece/nephews.

I know what you mean. DH is one of 5...so before I had kids and even now I try to remember every kid's birthday and what not...just so you know it's nice and happy for the kids...not necessarily gifts but the thought. *sigh* Oh well no biggie...going forward I'll worry about my own kids and not others because what for...just so they can be forgetful still.

Thanks for commiserating with me and hearing me vent.

MamaMolly
02-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Not petty at all. My family ignored Lula's birthday completely, but by sister moved the date of DNiece's party up by a month 'so that we could be there for it.' when we visited in November.

But it gets better. My mom and step mom both gave DNiece a singing Dora doll. Competitive much? And then my sister sends one of them to Lula for Christmas. It sings Happy Birthday. :irked: