PDA

View Full Version : Update: Hallelujah! .....Water pipes frozen!!!

DietCokeLover
02-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Update: No longer a b&*%$.... we successfully thawed the pipes out without having any breakage! Woohoo!!!!

The temp here was -3 last night and our pipes are frozen!!! I want to move to Florida! I am sick to death of winter.

WolfpackMom
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Nooooooo! Ugh Im sorry, I have had that happen when I lived up north, no fun. Have you taken a blow drier to them, or maybe point a heater/heater fan toward them? Let them drip once they are unfrozen, so sorry!!!

DietCokeLover
02-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Nooooooo! Ugh Im sorry, I have had that happen when I lived up north, no fun. Have you taken a blow drier to them, or maybe point a heater/heater fan toward them? Let them drip once they are unfrozen, so sorry!!!

We discovered that the wind blew open the storage room door where all the pipes are, so I'm sure that the draft and exposure to cold is what got them. We're putting a space heater down there in hopes of it thawing without busting.

liz
02-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh, no! Good luck and fingers crossed for a good outcome!

jal
02-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I want to move to Florida! I am sick to death of winter.

Keep in mind typically warmer parts of the country are having their issues with the cold weather too.

Just this morning I heard a news report of problems people are having in Arizona with frozen water pipes. Basically, because it never gets this cold, the water pipes are burried much shallower, and in some cases exposed to the outside air, because it's not supposed to get this cold in places like that. Now with this artic blast setting record cold temperatures in Arizona, they are having a rash of frozen/burst pipes.

KpbS
02-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh no! Hope they are ok! :hug:

larig
02-03-2011, 12:09 PM
good luck with the thaw!

blue
02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
That stinks! I hear you on the winter frustration.
Good luck with getting you pipes working again, fingers crossed.

eta:spelling

DietCokeLover
02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Update in 1st post. But.... I still hate winter!

blue
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Update: No longer a b&*%$.... we successfully thawed the pipes out without having any breakage! Woohoo!!!!

:thumbsup: yay!

elephantmeg
02-03-2011, 01:09 PM
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elliput
02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
:cheerleader1: I'm glad you were able to get through it with no problems.

We have had problems with our pipes to the kitchen freezing. There is a basement window directly under the kitchen sink. Dumb bit of architecture. This time, we made sure to keep the cabinets open and water dripping so avoided the frozen pipes.

A friend of mine in the Phoenix area said one of her elderly neighbor's pipes froze and water was spraying everywhere. :(

zoestargrove
02-03-2011, 04:49 PM
hooray! I'm so glad the day was saved!

we've had burst pipes and close calls and it's no fun.