PDA

View Full Version : Recommend iPad apps and iPad case/cover

cchavez
02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
I just got an iPad....all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

LD92599
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I have the black apple case. Love it!

Apps:
Facebook
Tv guide
Optimum (dvr)
Ww kitchen (if you are a ww member)
Solitaire
Boggle
Flixster
Aim
Google
Zappos

And a folder dedicated to shortcuts to bb pages!

kellij
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
I picked up a cover at Target, but I just discovered that zazzle has an ipad cover that you can customize. You can put a print or a picture on it. I would do that if we needed one.

Apps - angry birds, boggle, plants v. zombies, kindle, netflix, bubbles, scrabble, and I have one on my phone that is the sound of rain to help with sleeping.

JBaxter
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Got kids?

Otterbox defender series.

What apps are you looking for adult/ kid?
angry birds
world of good
Eden recipes

I'll add more later... Jack has my ipad LOL

smiles33
02-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Second the rec for an Otterbox Defender. Love it!

We also are addicted to Angry Birds.

fattytuna
02-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Cover - depends on your needs. I don't like the man-purse looking cases, or book-like flap covers. I also don't need it to stand on its case. I use
Speck Candyshell (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003R9J3TU) on my iPod Touch and love it. It's a hard cover on the outside and has soft cushion on the inside. So I got the same for my iPad:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61LbGqGw4qL._AA250_.jpg

plus a screen protector.

ETA: This looks better if you need a stand - http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/candyshell-wrap-ipad-cover-black.html

MSWR0319
02-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Second the rec for an Otterbox Defender.

:yeahthat:

The otter box has saved my iPad numerous times from my 2 year old. Wouldnt put anything else on it.

kboyle
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
+1 on the otterbox defender too

Pulse is a good RSS reader (they also just released it for Droid for those that droid phones)
another +1 for World of Goo & Angry Birds
Friendly for Ipad is a great Facebook app since the real FB app isnt that friendly
Netflix if you have it
Flipboard is a cool Twitter Reader
Little Things & Super Search 60 are fun hidden picture games
Saving Seeds is really fun too...dh was obsessed till he finished all 120+ levels, lol.

for kids:
Rocket Math
Math Bingo
StoryBuddy is great for making digital books (type & draw up pages)
i don't have it yet, but am getting Toontastic SOON!!! (make up cartoons, learn elements of a story, begining, climax, ending,etc)
The Monster at the End of this Book (all my boys LOVE the book...we also love the paper version, but this is so great for being interactive!)

mezzona
02-06-2011, 04:48 PM
+1 on the otterbox defender too

Pulse is a good RSS reader (they also just released it for Droid for those that droid phones)
another +1 for World of Goo & Angry Birds
Friendly for Ipad is a great Facebook app since the real FB app isnt that friendly
Netflix if you have it
Flipboard is a cool Twitter Reader
Little Things & Super Search 60 are fun hidden picture games
Saving Seeds is really fun too...dh was obsessed till he finished all 120+ levels, lol.

for kids:
Rocket Math
Math Bingo
StoryBuddy is great for making digital books (type & draw up pages)
i don't have it yet, but am getting Toontastic SOON!!! (make up cartoons, learn elements of a story, begining, climax, ending,etc)
The Monster at the End of this Book (all my boys LOVE the book...we also love the paper version, but this is so great for being interactive!)

I love Little Things and Toontastic! It is SOOO funny! Great app to play with your kids :)

Draw Pad or Drawing Pad. It's beautiful. DD loves it.

Case - have the phillips one from target. We like it. Keeps iPad safe. DD is nearly 3. She stands the iPad up a lot. However the stand in landscape position is odd and unstable.

I have more but don't have it right now. Will update later.

kboyle
02-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I love Little Things and Toontastic! It is SOOO funny! Great app to play with your kids :)

Draw Pad or Drawing Pad. It's beautiful. DD loves it.

Oh yay! I'm glad to hear that you like Toontastic! I really want to get it but haven't gotten around to it.

Oh, another +1 for Drawing Pad too :)