PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart cover

Nancybp0274
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Not sure if this belongs here, but I am looking for a shopping cart cover and would love your recs. Thanks!

TwoBees
02-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I just got the Bebe Ease Clean Shopper classic. I haven't actually had the chance to use it yet, but it washed and dried well, and it was only $20. It's not terribly bulky either. Hope that helps!

Armywife1stDr2nd
02-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I think this is the right place for this post. I don't have too much to recommend but I do have some thought on what to stay away from....

We had the Eddie Bauer shopping cart cover and it was a pain to put onto a shopping cart. It also didn't cover the entire seat. Obviously we bought this cover before reading BB so we didn't know what to look for.

We finally decided to go with a custom made shopping cart cover where they use your own fabric and this was also a mistake. The reviews I read on this board about getting a custom cover warned me about the issues of time and just plain not receiving custom covers. I thought that I had found a seller on Etsy that was different but I was wrong. It took the person several MONTHS to get the cover and it wasn't what I expected.

I would say go with a good quality over all cover that is easy to put on (i.e. has elastic all around). We are really liking the Itsy Ritzy shopping cart cover these days...

http://www.itzyritzy.com/shopping-cart-and-high-chair-covers/

HTH!

lhafer
02-05-2011, 11:02 PM
I had the floppy seat cover with my first and liked it. I got another one when my second was born - the purple one. I like that I can fold it in to itself and creates a little bag with handles that's super easy to cover. I can fit it on any cart, I can put it on while holding the baby, and it washes easily.

The floppy seat makes a couple of different ones - one that turns into it's own bag (like mine), one that is a fold and carry, and one that comes with a messenger bag.

A friend of mine has the Bright Stars one and likes it. It covers all of the cart.
http://www.floppyseat.com/product_info/catalog_page.htm

mom2baileys
02-06-2011, 02:03 AM
@ lhafer - does the floppy seat cover work on double carts ie Costco carts too? It doesn't specifically say on the website. I have an itzy ritzy one and it covers well. It would be perfect if it had it's own carry case.

lhafer
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure. I've used it for the double carts at HEB (grocery store) and it fit just fine.

I will probably go to Costco next week. I can let you know then. It not near me, so I don't go often.

I'm on my iPad now, but can post a pic of what it looks like on a normal cart when my daughter gets off my laptop.

santoki
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I LOVE my Buggy Bagg cover. Super cushy (my daughter loves sitting in it), and it zips up into a neat package with handles for carrying/storage. It fits Costco carts and regular-sized carts with no problem. I also like that it has two belts, one that attaches to the cart seat and one that is a seatbelt for the baby, so it feels very secure. The only downside is that it is a bit too bulky to use as a restaurant high chair cover, although we've done it (and my daughter didn't seem to mind).

TwoBees
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Just an update: we used the Clean Shopper today and it worked well. A bit hard to do one handed but it can be done. I don't think it would cover double carts, but it handled Target, BBB, Lowes, and Home Depot with ease. HTH!

Melbel
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
We have been very happy with our Itzy Ritzy cover. It is large enough for Costco carts, doubles as a high chair cover and is easy to clean. There are some on amazon with free prime shipping that would extend amazon mom benefits.

Nooknookmom
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
I LOVE my Buggy Bagg cover. Super cushy (my daughter loves sitting in it), and it zips up into a neat package with handles for carrying/storage. It fits Costco carts and regular-sized carts with no problem. I also like that it has two belts, one that attaches to the cart seat and one that is a seatbelt for the baby, so it feels very secure. The only downside is that it is a bit too bulky to use as a restaurant high chair cover, although we've done it (and my daughter didn't seem to mind).

Late to the thread but we love our Buggy Bagg! DD is 3 and uses it often, she calls it her "couch"!