PDA

View Full Version : Why do I want to eat COMPLETELY different foods?

bisous
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
My "usual" foods are so unappealing to me right now! I want nothing to do with salads or whole grains or chicken. Veggies in general, ick! The only proteins I can imagine eating are peanut butter and eggs. Fresh fruit is so completely compelling! I've been "off" sugar and white flour for so long, yet that is all I want to eat right now. That and fruit. Eating healthy when you don't feel well is the pits!!

BabyBearsMom
02-04-2011, 04:51 PM
When I was pregnant with DD, I went through a couple of weeks where I was absolutely craving raw meat. It took all my will power not to eat the ground beef out of the pan when I was making dinner. I knew it was disgusting logically, but my body was not in with logic. I never ate it, but I was really horrified about the desire. DH joked that I was turning into a wherewolf.

luckytwenty
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
That happened to me, too! I love chicken, peanut butter and oatmeal and could not eat any of these things for all nine months! As soon as he was born, I wanted them again, though!

bisous
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Raw meat--I love it! I had a craving for red meat awhile back. DH took me (with a gift card) to this BBQ place that has these huge slabs of tri-tip. It was DELICIOUS but I was cured of my craving for red meat completely and couldn't eat the leftovers the next day!

BabbyO
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Raw veggies are the only thing that really appeal to me...and avocados. I've eaten an avocado every day for nearly 2 weeks. I ran out today and I'm so frustrated....