PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher - HELP - desperate...

Uno-Mom
02-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, for a given value of "desperate." There's only so "desperate" one can feel about one's dishwasher. :) Perhaps I should just say I'm very very annoyed an eager to fix this.

It isn't cleaning dishes. This is because the little holes in the rotating arms get clogged. And there's no easy way to clear them. I can do some good by poking a paperclip in, it clears some of the gunk, but I know half of it just gets pushed back into the arm.

1. How to clear those holes?
2. How to keep them from getting clogged again?

I feel that our detergent is somehow a factor. We use the cheapest powder form we can find. I'm totally willing to buy a more spendy detergent if I was sure it'd do a better job. But how can you tell?

Uno-Mom
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Oops = I'm a dope. We actually do NOT use powder detergent. We use the cheapest liquid stuff we can find. We switched a while ago because we thought the powder was the problem.

bubbaray
02-04-2011, 07:49 PM
I have good success with Finish tabs (formerly Electrosol). They work really well in our old d/w

elephantmeg
02-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I found dishwasher cleaner in the dishwasher aisle at walmart. I ran that through (just that and no dishes) and now use some lemi shine in addition to the (powder) cascade I use. It's helping a ton-the dishes are actually clean again!