PDA

View Full Version : Is diarrhea a sign of impending m/c?

barkley1
02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
I have IBS, but during my last pregnancy, it kinda went on hiatus, and I was a bit constipated. Same story this pregnancy, up til today. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow, and tonight, had a "typical" bout of IBS-type diarrhea, meaning I clearly recognized it was bowel misfunction, not a virus or bacteria issue.

I've not felt pregnant at all besides being tired. We did see the heartbeat at 7w4d, but I'm beginning to worry that this oddball sudden diarrhea is a sign of something bad w/ the baby....anyone w/ experience w/ this? TIA :)

wellyes
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
It is common in pregnancy to have diarrhea and does not mean that your pregnancy is at risk. Drink lots of water, and call your OB if it persists, but don't panic (or even worry).

DrSally
02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
It is common in pregnancy to have diarrhea and does not mean that your pregnancy is at risk. Drink lots of water, and call your OB if it persists, but don't panic (or even worry).

:yeahthat:

swrc00
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I have IBD. Each pregnancy is different, so your IBS might flare more in this pregnancy. I hope it is just a fluke episode. I would not be concerned of a miscarriage if this is your only symptom.

DrSally
02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I have IBD. Each pregnancy is different, so your IBS might flare more in this pregnancy. I hope it is just a fluke episode. I would not be concerned of a miscarriage if this is your only symptom.

I was going to say this too. I know people that have had IBS and had a total remission during preg, but, just like everything else, every preg is different. I would just take this as one of those variations.