PDA

View Full Version : petty b&tch, but I said ORGANIC!

LarsMal
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
It's been a long two weeks. DH was away all last week and has been working like crazy this week. It's Friday night, I'm D.O.N.E! All I asked was that he stop at Wegmans on the way home and pick up some Earth Balance Organic buttery spread. It's the vegan stuff I buy for L. I've tried a bunch of them, and I like it the best. The original is okay, but I like the organic better. They don't sell the organic at the regular grocery store, and charge over $4 for the original. I will stop in at Wegmans from time to time and stock up on the organic- they charge $2.89 for it.

Organic- it's what I asked for. What did he come home with? 3 tubs of original. I thought maybe he saw the "or" in the writing and assumed it was organic. Nope! He bought the original because it was 20 cents cheaper. Twenty CENTS! :6:

I know it's stupid, but after these last two weeks it just about put me over the edge. I managed to control my anger and avoid a major argument, but I'm pissed. Over butter...ugh, what has become of my life?!?!

KLD313
02-05-2011, 12:04 AM
I hear you, men shouldn't grocery stop. My BF called me from the store, I told him five things I wanted (needed it to make a meal) he brought me one of them. WTH I was supposed to do with one item, idk. Oh but he did buy about seven different loaves of bread??

niccig
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
DH had Monday off and I had him stop at TJs. I wrote a list like this:
1can tomato sauce (by pasta)
1 ground cumin (by spices)

I got everything on my list and only one phone call to confirm. But i did shw him a couple of emptybcontainers and told him to ask the staff for help. He also complained aout how busy it was...I told him to not go at lunch time, but he didn't listen.

Sorry your DH got the wrong items. I too have certain preferences for brands...

golightly1118
02-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Men simply lack the grocery shopping gene. My DH will shop if I am very specific in my list, however, I've learned it just saves both of us a lot of frustration if I do it-I can be in and out of the store in less than an hour with a full week's worth of food. It can take him an hour to buy milk, eggs and bread (and chips, ice cream and beer of course!)

smiles33
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
D'oh! Sorry Julie. You are entitled to be mad! That is a crappy way to end a long crappy week. You need to treat yourself to something this weekend. Maybe DH can take the kids for a while so you can get a mani/pedi or something fun?

Gracemom
02-06-2011, 10:40 AM
My DH is the worst at this. I ask him to get juice, he gets juice cocktail! The last one was I asked for low sugar strawberry jam, he gets strawberry jelly that has no strawberries in it, but it does have HFCS! Ack!

TwinFoxes
02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Excellent that the bought three tubs of it! :thumbsup: What are you going to do with your 60 cent windfall?

I so feel your pain.

veronica
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd ask him to exchange them....

MamaMolly
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Not petty IMO, just the last straw. I totally get it. Organic means organic, especially after a rough day.

firstbaby
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I've actually confronted DH over getting the wrong thing - I told him by buying the wrong thing he's not detering me from continuing to send him to the store. I told him that if he thought I would take on one more thing because of mix ups he was wrong. Can you tell he pushed me too far on picking up the wrong things? Like creamed corn instead of regular corn, etc. You get the picture...Now, I do the big grocery trips but this was over the smaller / fill in trips or "I need 3 more things for a specific dish" type scenario.

Then he started to call numerous (think 4+ times) while at the store to get a few things "so he wouldn't get the wrong thing". So I started calling him at work throughout our day and asking him questions - "do you think I go to X or Y first?" - and he quickly got how annoying THAT was and he started out how to shop at the store with a specific short list.

So, I can say DH is close to being rehabilited but it has been a process. OP, I SOOO feel your pain!

MamaMolly
02-06-2011, 05:36 PM
: What are you going to do with your 60 cent windfall?

:rotflmao:!!!!!

Melaine
02-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Yesterday DH took the girls to the library, to do a return at Kmart and to go grocery shopping. They were gone for TWO HOURS! This was a first, I have not been alone in the house for two hours since the girls were born. Let me repeat: I HAVE NOT been alone in the house for two hours since the girls were born. So I cleaned like a maniac and it was wonderful.

When DH got home however he brought out THREE bags of brocolli slaw. THREE bags! I had asked him to get the bags of mixed brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. for dipping. Sometimes they are 3 for $5 at Publix. So I said, get that if it is on sale. Somehow he took that to mean, get three bags of brocolli slaw.

I guess we will be eating it three times a day for the rest of the week.

crl
02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Yesterday DH took the girls to the library, to do a return at Kmart and to go grocery shopping. They were gone for TWO HOURS! This was a first, I have not been alone in the house for two hours since the girls were born. Let me repeat: I HAVE NOT been alone in the house for two hours since the girls were born. So I cleaned like a maniac and it was wonderful.

When DH got home however he brought out THREE bags of brocolli slaw. THREE bags! I had asked him to get the bags of mixed brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. for dipping. Sometimes they are 3 for $5 at Publix. So I said, get that if it is on sale. Somehow he took that to mean, get three bags of brocolli slaw.

Aahhh, dh does this sort of thing too. I generally pawn some of it off on a neighbor.

Catherine

TwinFoxes
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM

I honestly don't think my DH has exchanged anything in the 13 years we've been together.

LarsMal
02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Excellent that the bought three tubs of it! :thumbsup: What are you going to do with your 60 cent windfall?

I so feel your pain.

I know- seriously! I said to buy three tubs...of ORGANIC. Gah!!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the money. The possibilities are endless!

LarsMal
02-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry...but this made me giggle!

LarsMal
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM

I opened one, but will probably exchange the other two tomorrow. I've made a point of complaining about it every time I've used it, too. I don't think he'll make this mistake again! ;)

Melaine
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
This is interesting because I almost started a thread about this yesterday. I was tempted to take all three bags back to Publix and trade them for what I wanted. But I didn't know if you could take food back for exchange you know? Is that acceptable?

arivecchi
02-06-2011, 10:14 PM
:hysterical:

Thanks for the laugh.

OP, write DH a check for the 60 cents and send his lil ass back to the store. ;)

golightly1118
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I honestly don't think my DH has exchanged anything in the 13 years we've been together.

Hehe...my DH's the same way. He once went ten miles out of his way to return a pair of pants to a different Banana Republic store than the one he bought them at, because he was embarassed to admit to the clerk that he bought the wrong size because he was in too much of a hurry to try them on.