PDA

View Full Version : Show me pictures of your office/playroom!

boilermakermom
02-05-2011, 05:38 PM
I am getting ready to paint our home office, which is also used as DD's playroom. I was planning on painting it a light/medium brown color with pictures of the building of the empire state building (think men sitting on steel beams, etc. DH is a Metal. Engineer in a steel mill and I am an industrial hygenist/safety so it fits us.)

However, after looking at various storage ideas and artwork spaces, I am wondering if I should go with a different color scheme. DD has a bright pink dollhouse bookcase in there now.

For those of you who share the space, is it more geared toward to office/adult or playroom/kid? I thought about using a lighter more nuetral color so it can go either way, but having a hard time envisioning it.

ellies mom
02-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I think it would be cool to combine your skyscraper/"industrial" theme with a fun more child-like color scheme. Maybe lots of fun greens, blues, pinks etc. Or maybe bring in some more fanciful reworking of industrial type things. Make it reflect your interests and her age.

boilermakermom
02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
I like the idea of bringing greens and blues into the room. i hadn't thought of that. i was looking around on PBK and Land of Nod for ideas and saw a few rooms with yellow paint. I like the idea of doing color, i am just not sure how to make it work with both the industrial theme and a play theme...

ellies mom
02-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Maybe stick to black and white photos with white frames and colorful mats. Or use schematics of some sort but have them printed in color rather than the usual color and then frame them. Along that line would be to take a photo, convert it to grey scale and then convert that to "pink scale" or "green scale".

I don't know how artistic you are but maybe you could create an image of that iconic "men eating their lunch on steel beams" picture using animals, princesses, little kids or something like that.

Just have fun with it.