PDA

View Full Version : Lactating Lula

MamaMolly
02-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Is there anything cuter than a preschooler pretending to nurse? :heartbeat:

We were going shopping and Lula insisted on bringing 'baby Olga' her Cabbage Patch baby. Yes, she named it herself. No, I don't know where Olga came from. We are in the car when we hear from the back seat:

Lula: 'Mommy? Olga is a GOOD baby. She haves free teef.' (that's three teeth to you and me. Blended sounds are still hard for her.) 'She don't bite my nursies when she eats. She is a GOOOOOOOD baby. Ooooooooooh, my nursies are sore! Ouchie! They hurt! They must be FULL of milk. I need to nursie.' (here she cradles the doll to her chest and makes swallowing noises.) Mmmmmmm that feels better, but that nursie is outta milk. I need to switch sides.'

I couldn't breathe I was trying *so hard* not to laugh out loud. So we get home from the store, have dinner, etc. and she gets dressed for bed. I'm nursing Dolly on my bed and yell at Lula that she needs to get in bed. Lula walks in wearing:
pajamas
a dress my sister sent to ME for Christmas
a very sparkly necklace
AND!!
my nursing cover with Olga tucked underneath. I guess she dug it out of the diaper bag.

She promptly explains to me in a very loud whisper that she'll go to bed when Olga's done nursing. And Olga is asleep, and I need to be quiet. Think she might have heard that a time or two? ;)

babyonway
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
OMG that is precious. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

What a sweetie!

DietCokeLover
02-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Precious!!!!

blue
02-06-2011, 12:59 AM
oh my, that IS super cute! :love-retry:

JBaxter
02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
that is so so cute!

luckytwenty
02-06-2011, 08:04 AM
That is hilarious!! My daughter nurses her dolls too--but she tells me that she doesn't have milk coming out of her but apple juice because her babies like juice better. It just cracks me up when they act like little mommies!

elephantmeg
02-06-2011, 08:47 AM
love it!

MoJo
02-06-2011, 08:56 AM
SO glad my JellyBean isn't the only one. She gave up onesies and footed PJs so she could nurse baby doll. I thought it was very cute, but the rest of the family thinks it's really weird. One person even said maybe I shouldn't bf after all.

Go Lula!

MamaMolly
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
SO glad my JellyBean isn't the only one. She gave up onesies and footed PJs so she could nurse baby doll. I thought it was very cute, but the rest of the family thinks it's really weird. One person even said maybe I shouldn't bf after all.

Go Lula!

Oh, that makes me so sad for that person. I was just thinking how great it was because Lula will think that breastfeeding is 'normal'. I have to admit I was a little embarrassed about it when I first started. I call it the handed-down hang up. It didn't help that with *every* phone call my mom and MIL asked me when I was going to wean her. :shake:

At least now they know better. They both asked once and I answered 'when we are both good and ready' :)

daisymommy
02-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I was just thinking how great it was because Lula will think that breastfeeding is 'normal'.

EXACTLY!!! My DD nurses her baby too, and I think it's a beautiful precious thing. There was such a gap in BF culture being passed down to daughters for awhile. People saying it was weird to them because they had never seen it done before. Now that is said. It's up to us to start it back up again!

cheri
02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
That is sooo sweet, and so funny!! I love it.

dec756
02-06-2011, 03:27 PM
soooooo freaking cute....

doberbrat
02-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I love it. Both dd1 and my friend's son "nursed" their dolls/stuffies .... from their bellybuttons! ;)

EllasMum
02-06-2011, 08:27 PM
My sister came into her (then) 2 year old son's room to discover him nursing Spiderman. :D Ol' Spidey was tucked under his shirt. TOO funny!

AnnieW625
02-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Elisa has done this a few times too.

MontrealMum
02-06-2011, 08:32 PM
That is so sweet :)

momm
02-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Omg!!!!!

:love5:

ShanaMama
02-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Adorable!! We've totally been there except for stealing Mommy's dress & necklace. Too cute.