PDA

View Full Version : Baby waking up at night!!!! Help

babyonway
02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
My DD (8 mos old) for the past few nights has been waking up in the middle of the night. She has been STTN since about 5 mos. She has a paci for nap times but I think I am going to start weaning from that but she has never been given one at night.

The night before last when the screaming started after 30 mintues or so I fed her and then when I put her back in crib she started screaming again for probably 90 minutes. A couple of nights ago I gave her a paci out of desperation and that helped but I really don't want to start that habit at this age since I want to wean soon anyway.

Last night she cried for about another 90 minutes and out of desperation I put her in bed with me.

Any idea what this is and what I should do. Should I let her CIO?

SnuggleBuggles
02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Both of mine starting doing that. Month 8-10 were super hard. We just did what we could to get through each night- sorry! Separation anxiety, teething, learning new motor skills...they all mess with sleep, ime.

Beth

megv
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I think it could be anything - teething, eating different solids, motor activity.

Why not just give her the paci? Especially if she has it for naps and she already associates it with comfort & sleep. I guess we are a paci family if it helps all of us get a better nights sleep. We do strictly limit it to sleep time in the crib so my kids are not walking around clutching a paci at all hours of the day.

That being said, our DS3 is still waking up 3-4times per night, so I guess I dont have expectations of STTN. Crying for 90minutes in the middle of the night is not fun though!

babyonway
02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
the problem that I have with paci's is that I don't want to start a habit of having to get up a bunch during the night if it falls out :( That happened when I was desperate the other night and gave it to her.

Does anyone have that problem?

PGTB
02-06-2011, 02:45 PM
:hug: Sorry, I don't think I can say anything to make you feel better, other than just wait, I guess... as long as you don't suspect your baby having some sort of medical issue like ear infection. It could also be teething and different babies have different level of sensitivity.

DS is 9 month old and is still waking up 3-4 sometimes 5 times a night to nurse and we are co-sleeping out of desperation. In addition he is not eating during the day and it's a battle for us day and night now :gloomy: I guess they are going through some rough patch around this time and this causes sleep regression, some babies earlier than others. There is a book called "Wonder weeks" I have read about on this forum and found it on Amazon. I didn't actually read it but the premise behind it is that there will be different difficult weeks during your baby's first year. 8-10 months is a rough patch as it has 2 of these major leaps I believe one after another. I am just keeping my fingers crossed it will pass soon and things would get better.

babyonway
02-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I gave DD baby oragel last night and NO SCREAMING!!!! :yay:

BabyBearsMom
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Sounds like teething. That happens when DD is cutting a tooth. Good luck and it will be over soon.

PGTB
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Awesome, it worked! :jammin:

I hope you LO will cut her teeth soon and suffering will stop!

blue
02-07-2011, 04:11 PM

:bighand: