PDA

View Full Version : DH, you're the one who chose to not sleep all weekend!

golightly1118
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
So, just got a call from DH. He's been out of town since Friday afternoon for a bachelor party. Fine, fair enough, it's been the second one this year, but your friends only get married once (well, in theory anyway). He just called to say he's getting on an earlier flight home because-get this-he's tired from not having slept all weekend and can't wait to crash when he gets home. Hey, guess what? I'm tired too-from being the solo parent all weekend! Unlike you, however, my tiredness is not related to having a blast with my friends! I cannot wait until my girls' weekend this summer so he can have a taste of what it feels like to be completely responsible for a baby (well, she'll be a toddler then), our two dogs and the house all by himself! :banghead:

MamaMolly
02-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh, you have GOT to call him and tell him how tired you are and how you can't WAIT to crash when you get home. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

golightly1118
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
PP, I may just have to do that. I think he figured out that was a boneheaded thing to say to a sleep-deprived mommy who had been on full-time parent duty for three days, because when he got home he took over caring for DD (while watching the game, of course!). I'm glad he got to go-he works hard and deserves to go have fun with his friends-it's just the fact that he didn't plan on getting enough sleep to function when he got home that irked me! The funniest thing? These aren't wild and crazy guys-they went to a kareoke (sp?) dive bar, then stayed up talking until six this morning. They just didn't sleep!