PDA

View Full Version : Where to get ears pierced

ray7694
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
My ear holes from childhood are super low and I think if I got them repierced at the normal place I could wear regular earrings. Right now I can't wear anything but a diamond stud because they look like they are falling out.

Would you go to the mall or is a tattoo shop better. I just don't want them messed up and have one huge hole.

KLD313
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure where I would go but I know my aunt had her original holes fixed by her Dr. for the same problem you're having.

Pinky
02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure where I would go but I know my aunt had her original holes fixed by her Dr. for the same problem you're having.

That's a good idea!

I was also going to mention that pediatrician's office do it. I've read bad things about getting them done at the mall type places. I think a tattoo/piercing shop might be a better bet than the mall, but I'm not sure.

amoonmama
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Definitely go to the mall! Go to a place like Claire's where they are doing them all the time, so they have lots of experience. In a doc's office, they do it a handful of times per year.

mominma
02-06-2011, 08:22 PM
We went to piercing pagoda in the mall.

TwinFoxes
02-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Definitely go to the mall! Go to a place like Claire's where they are doing them all the time, so they have lots of experience. .

Unless you get the girl they hired last week. ;)

I think repairing them is a little more involved than piercing. I wonder if you can get them done at the same time. Or if you have to repair them first, and then get them repierced later.

I have a friend whose ear is pierced a little weirdly, I'd love to know what you find out. She has a hard time wearing earrings.

KLD313
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I think when my Aunt had them repaired it was just a stitch and she didn't seem like it was any big deal.

emily_gracesmama
02-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I just had my left ear repaired for the 2nd time. For some reason, I am chalking it up to sleeping with my studs in, it ripped again. And it was just the left ear, no probs with my right. It was 450 to get it fixed, they stitch it together, wait 2 mths, and re-pierce. This time the dr is fixing it for just 50 for the anesthesia and we are waiting 4 mths to re-pierce. I went to a plastic surgeon. I too looked like my one earring was falling out.

ray7694
02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't plan on getting anything repaired. I have a really low hole no rip. I am just going to let the lower one grow back.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I thought I was in the forum.

AshleyAnn
02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
When we have DD's done we're going to take her to a piercing parlor (in sc piercings and tattoos must be done in different stores) The people who pierce in parlors are required to take courses on hygiene and diseases and understudy under someone else for at least a year. They also pierce with a needle verse forcing a rather blunt earring thru the lobes which results in less tissue damage. It sounds slow and painful but my nose was done so quickly i thought he'd decided not to do it. It was super sanitary and totally professional. Also they use a differnet after care cleaning product that is salt water, not alcohol or hydrogen peroxcide, which is better for healing tissue.

I have a several piercings, done both ways, and the needle method is less painful and healed much better. I have nerve damage in 2 of my 5 gun piercings (all in the ears) and all 5 are super sensitive to metals. My 2 needle piercings are fine, no sensitivity what so ever.

The girls at the mall are barely trained in how to do it and those guns are not as safe as they seem. I did a lot of reading when considering my most recent piercings and learned a lot. No more guns for my family.

weech
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
When we have DD's done we're going to take her to a piercing parlor (in sc piercings and tattoos must be done in different stores) The people who pierce in parlors are required to take courses on hygiene and diseases and understudy under someone else for at least a year. They also pierce with a needle verse forcing a rather blunt earring thru the lobes which results in less tissue damage. It sounds slow and painful but my nose was done so quickly i thought he'd decided not to do it. It was super sanitary and totally professional. Also they use a differnet after care cleaning product that is salt water, not alcohol or hydrogen peroxcide, which is better for healing tissue.

I have a several piercings, done both ways, and the needle method is less painful and healed much better. I have nerve damage in 2 of my 5 gun piercings (all in the ears) and all 5 are super sensitive to metals. My 2 needle piercings are fine, no sensitivity what so ever.

The girls at the mall are barely trained in how to do it and those guns are not as safe as they seem. I did a lot of reading when considering my most recent piercings and learned a lot. No more guns for my family.

:yeahthat: Go to a professional. Say no to piercing guns!

TwinFoxes
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't plan on getting anything repaired. I have a really low hole no rip. I am just going to let the lower one grow back.

I wonder how long it would take a long time to close up, if you've had it since childhood.