PDA

View Full Version : Spots on clothes after washing???

essnce629
02-06-2011, 07:59 PM
We've been having this problem since moving into our new house almost 3 months ago. We have a top loader and every time I wash the kids' clothes I notice spots on their shirts and pants. I don't notice them till the clothes come out of the dryer and they look like little wet spots (so same color as the fabric just darker like the fabric is still wet). I thought it was from the liquid soap getting on the clothes when I'd put the soap in first and then the clothes, but I started putting the clothes in first, letting it fill up completely with water and start agitating, then adding the soap and I still have the same problem. I try spraying the spots with stain remover and then rewashing but the spots remain. We don't use fabric softener of any kind.

Anyone have any ideas on what the spots are from or how to get rid of them? I did a search online and apparently a lot of other people have the same problem and no idea how to get rid of them!

reneed
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I'd love to see the responses because I have the same issue with my front loader!

mimosa
02-08-2011, 12:38 AM
I have a front loader, but have this problem all the time. I've come to the conclusion that they are some sort of oil or grease stain. They usually don't show up before washing, but then I see them on "clean" clothes, and it is exactly as you described -- a darker sort of drip mark.

What I've found that works is treating it directly with Dawn or some other dishwashing liquid. Just a little rubbed into the stain, and then rewash. Even after going through the washer and dryer once, this seems to work almost all the time.

I just wish I could catch them the first time around, and not have to wash things twice...

bnme
02-08-2011, 07:19 AM
I get this from my front loader. I think it is from the soap not mixing in with enough water and just dripping out. It always comes out in the next wash. I am going to switch to powder to see if that helps.

SnuggleBuggles
02-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I have a top loader so this probably doesn't apply but it was suggested that my machine was off balance. We wiggled it around a bit and it worked.

Beth

weech
02-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I get this from my front loader. I think it is from the soap not mixing in with enough water and just dripping out. It always comes out in the next wash. I am going to switch to powder to see if that helps.

Let us know if the powder helps! I have the same problem with my front loader and I'm using liquid.