PDA

View Full Version : Julianne Moore is....

DrSally
02-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Julianne Moore is 50! I'm just sitting here flipping through my InStyle mag and Julianne Moore is on the cover. Her skin is like porcelain. I just scanned the article on her and it's talking about how she just turned 50! WTH! She looks like she's in her early 40's. Wow, if that's what 50 looks like for some people, I'm amazed (and it doesn't look "plastic" to me).

MamaMolly
02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Not to be nasty, but I'd suspect a dose of the airbrush and photoshop. She's so fair I'd imagine her skin is wrinkly in places.

C99
02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Yes, she definitely has crow's feet. But generally agree: she looks great!

jenfromnj
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
She really does look great (without having a crazy Botox face)! We've run into her in NYC on the street a few times in the past couple of years, and she looks fantastic in person.

TwinFoxes
02-07-2011, 08:04 AM
We've run into her in NYC on the street a few times in the past couple of years, and she looks fantastic in person.

I saw her in LA, she really is pretty and looks great. But natural, not in that crazy botox way, unlike the mom from Parenthood, or Nicole Kidman. I wonder if fairer skin doesn't react well to botox, because their skin looks so taut!

jenfromnj
02-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I saw her in LA, she really is pretty and looks great. But natural, not in that crazy botox way, unlike the mom from Parenthood, or Nicole Kidman. I wonder if fairer skin doesn't react well to botox, because their skin looks so taut!

I think you may be onto something--DH and I always say that about Christa Miller (she's now on Cougartown, but used to be on Scrubs and before that, the Drew Carey show). She used to be really pretty, but now her face is seriously frozen, and the top half of her face doesn't move at all.

JM is amazing because she's not trying to look 20, she just looks really awesome for her age.

wellyes
02-07-2011, 09:38 AM
The mom from Parenthood... you mean the blonde one who is so awful? I think you're onto something there. She looks kind of rubbery, especially next to the girl they cast as her daughter who looks so much like her.

Julianne Moore at 50, even with a little airbrush help, is stunning.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FW86_jO7k_A/TUiOCnekV9I/AAAAAAACUw4/rwzig2OUh5k/s1600/J.jpg

DrSally
02-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Wow, great picture. She looks so pretty, and it doesn't look like she's had work done. I agree that Nicole Kidman doesn't look natural. It's distracting. I've been a fan of Julianne Moore's since she was on, what soap was that? Another World? She played twins. I vaguely remember reading a long time ago that she was one who embraced her pale skin and just wore sunscreen, rather than trying to tan (so that may have kept her skin looking nice).

veronica
02-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I have to laugh because my celebrity run-in of the "unnatural" was Joan Rivers. when I worked in Manhattan, there were a few celebrities I'd run into but she was literally a "run-into". She is just does not look human. AND......TV makes her look much better.

By comparison, JM and NK, mentioned above, do look so natural and human!!

elektra
02-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Well guess what? I have run into her too! We were seated next to her ar Balthazar in NYC. A nice place but not super fancy or anything. I thought she looked great too. And she was with a group that was having fun but it seemed like it could have been her family. No sense of "entourage" or anything. Gorgeous and down to earth. It was refreshing!

Ceepa
02-08-2011, 10:22 AM
She seems more down to earth than what I imagine many Hollywood folks are like. I think of her in that pretty, older redhead genre like Diane Lane.