PDA

View Full Version : I yelled at my kid today....

MamaSnoo
02-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Ok, not really yelling, but I feel like Sh!t.

I took her to daycare. I was running late to work. I am worried about my dad biopsies today.

She was sitting on her sheet for her napping mat. She was pretending the sheet was a boat. She would not let me put it on the mat and put her mat away. I have to do this so that I can leave. I cannot spend 30 minutes at drop off everyday.

I took the sheet away and told her that she could not have it back. I was stern. The perfect mom who joined our class this year and who makes it abundantly clear that I am not a good room rep every time we talk or email was staring. Her teacher was staring.

I was horrible to my kid and it is not going to make a hill of beans in the long run with my job or with my dad's health. All my kid knows is that mommy was mean. I really hate myself.

larig
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
You should totally cut yourself some slack in this department, given what you're going through. big hugs! :grouphug:

g-mama
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I hate to say it, but unless you're more perfect than 99.9% of the other moms in the world, this won't be the last time you yell at your child. Really. It's okay, and it's normal, to get angry with your children sometimes, and to let it show. If it's taking you 30 minutes to leave daycare every day, then it was probably about time that you got stern about it. Don't be hard on yourself. You're human, not a robot. :hug:

MamaMolly
02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh please. Wait until they are in crisis and their kid does something similar. It will be a whole new ball game. Experience is the great equalizer.

niccig
02-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh please. Wait until they are in crisis and their kid does something similar. It will be a whole new ball game. Experience is the great equalizer.

I totally agree. All the Kindergarten mums I've met have ben sooo understanding as by 5/6 years, you've been through everything and know not to judge....

I would sit with your DD and briefly say you're sorry for being stern, and then explain that you need her help. Tomorrow, when you drop her off, remind her as you go in, then you need her to help you get the nan mat set up etc.. This has helped me with DS, he likes to be a helper.

I hope your Dad will be OK :hug:

hillview
02-07-2011, 07:26 PM

:yeahthat:

Seriously we've ALL been there even perfect mom. So deep breath. DD will be fine and you are a great mom!
/hillary