PDA

View Full Version : Isn't pickiness supposed to get BETTER as they get older?

Twoboos
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
DD1 is 7. I swear her list of foods is shrinking instead of growing. Aren't they supposed to eat more stuff as they get older?? AAARRRGGG!!!

Recently off the list:

-PB sandwiches (I can almost understand this, the girl ate one for lunch every.single.day for 2.5 years. Don't judge, it's the only thing she would take for lunch!)
-Muffins of any sort (she liked one kind again for about 2 weeks - now that's over)
-Pasta of all kinds, except in Annie's mac-n-cheese, but it MUST be shells or "it doesn't taste right"

She will eat cereal, oatmeal, eggs, cheese and crackers sometimes, yogurt, chicken noodle soup from a can only not what I make, and most things that we have for dinner (well, except pasta stuff, I just don't give it to her, I separate her portion out). And of course the usual suspects of bad food - hot dogs, nuggets, hamburgers. Which I rarely make.

Time to dig out "How to get your kid to eat but not too much." :banghead:

mom2khj
02-07-2011, 05:48 PM
My 8 yo also has a shrinking list. When she was little, she'd eat everything. Now, it seems like she won't eat anything. :)

lizzywednesday
02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Our eldest niece is like this, too. She turned 8 last summer. Her mom has to beg her to eat.

It disturbed me, because I've never witnessed food battles like that. The pleading, begging and cajoling just makes me wonder if it's something in addition to pickiness, but I also have a heightened suspicion of eating disorders having known several people, including relatives, who had them.