PDA

View Full Version : My new answering machine message

niccig
02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi, you've reached xxx-xxx-xxxx, we can't take your phone call.

If you are calling between the hours of 3pm-8pm and want to chat, I'm busy with homework, piano practice, cooking dinner, and dealing with tantrums over all of the above.

If you are a telemarketer or represent a charity, Sorry but we don't have that car anymore, don't make donations or buy things over the phone. I know we do business with you, so you are allowed to call us even though we're on the Do Not Call List, but if you persist in calling me every single evening at 6.15pm, I will cancel my account with you, seek out your competitor and give them all my business.

If you are calling to speak to my spouse, and can not speak to me about the matter, then do not call home during work hours as he is at work, and No, I don't know when he will be home, TRUST me, I wish I did know when he would be walking in the door.

If it is between 3pm-8pm and you get a busy signal for 5 hours, I have taken the phone off the hook as it will not stop ringing and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

Unless it is an emergency involving a family member, a reminder of a Dr.'s appointment or an issue with my credit card, hang up and leave me alone.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Beep...

DebbieJ
02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
awesome!

WatchingThemGrow
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
That's hilarious... and I have to tell you what DH thought your name was earlier...(he's sick and reading the BBB tonight) You have to say it on your message like this... NIC SIG (like nic-cig(arette). Apparently if you grew up in the 70's you think someone would actually use "cig" as part of their username, lol. (and he's even australian-born)

niccig
02-07-2011, 11:47 PM
You have to say it on your message like this... NIC SIG (like nic-cig(arette). Apparently if you grew up in the 70's you think someone would actually use "cig" as part of their username, lol.

Nic sig..that is funny and much more original than what it actually stands for. My first name and letter of my last name...not very creative.

And if I was to do that, I would have it nicciggie as a cigarette is a ciggie in Aussie slang.

MamaSnoo
02-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the laugh! I'd be happy to have something similar on mine.

I especially hate the ppl who can only talk to DH.........about their all important survey re: his oil change, or whatever.