PDA

View Full Version : Target's Doll Wardrobe

Cuckoomamma
02-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Going back to that thread from around the holidays, I wanted to ask those of you who have the Target doll wardrobe how many outfits can fit in it? We didn't purchase it back in December and have been struggling with a way to keep the clothing neat and organized. OTH, I don't want a just a big hunk of wood that can only hold a few outfits.

TIA for your help!

egoldber
02-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I got one for each girl. You could probably squeeze in 10-12, but I think it more comfortably holds 6-8.

Moneypenny
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
DD got one for Christmas. I agree with Beth - I would say you can fit 8 or so things on hangers and then, depending on if I fold or if DD folds, 2-4 things on each shelf. The one I got comes with a little stool thing for the doll which is, frankly, a pain in the butt. The dolls don't really sit on it and the stool doesn't fit anywhere in the wardrobe so it's just this extra thing to take up space. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Melaine
02-08-2011, 10:29 AM
How much are these wardrobes, please? Always need more doll knick-knacks.

egoldber
02-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes, we have the same one, and I agree that the stool is a PITA.

ETA: I got ours for $48 on sale before Christmas.

Cuckoomamma
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks so much for your responses. Now I just have to find a way to get two and hide them! The clothing is just driving me bonkers.

mnosky1
02-09-2011, 02:15 AM
So what is your overall opinion on it - is it worth it - is it an item that is useful for doll clothing storage (does it all fit there?) or is is more of an accessory/toy item?

Moneypenny
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I do think it is a useful item. So far, all of the clothes DD has do fit in there. I imagine that won't be the case in a while, but for now, I think it's easier for her to see what she has when it's in there rather than all stuffed into a trunk like it used to be. She does have too many shoes to fit. I don't know where all the shoes came from, honestly. They breed overnight, I guess. Those are kept in a separate little trunk for now.