PDA

View Full Version : You might want to clean your item before listing it on Ebay!

DebbieJ
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
I've been looking for window treatments for my kitchen everywhere and haven't been able to find something I like. So to Ebay I went.

I found some interesting window treatments and I was the only bidder, so I got them all for $1.99. The seller was local, so I was able to pick them up and save on shipping.

The pictures in the listing looked find and no where in the description did she mention the grease stains on the valances. It looked like cookiing oil. GROSS!

Everything was pretty dingy, so I decided to do an Oxyclean soak. I put two valances in the water and have already had to change the water twice. YUCK! Why in the world wouldn't you do this BEFORE listing them????

I know they were only $1.99, but still!

ladysoapmaker
02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
This is very common. My cousin buys stuff from ebay for resale and buys Oxyclean in bulk. She's made out well on occasion.

Jen

MamaMolly
02-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Eeeeeew. I got a kids play tent and tunnel set from Freecycle that stank of cat pee. I thought it was totally RUDE to offer something so nasty. I feel your pain.