PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, I could scream!!!!

gatorsmom
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Greenbean has become so DIFFICULT! I think it is a big reason our nanny is leaving. He is so volutile (sp). He screams he doeesn't want to get out of his bed in the morning. He hits kicks and throws things. You also have to be careful if his blood sugar is getting low. Or if the lights get too bright. Or if he's tired. Or if his food is too hot. Or cold. Right now is dinner time and all the kids are eating quietly. except Greenbean. He has recently become obsessed with ISpy in any shape or form. So, he's now sitting in his high chair screaming for the ipod to play ISpy. While he's eating. If we dont' give it to him fast enough, he'll throw his bowl of fruit (or whatever's in front of him) in the air. Which then leads to his being put in his crib for a time out (which is the only safe place I can put him and get back to helping my other kids as quickly as possible). Then he jumps up and down screaming in his crib (there is a crib tent over his crib) throwing things, spitting and doing whatever he has to to get our attention. This can last for 30 minutes before he calms down. By then, my nerves are shot and dinner is ruined. This has been going on as long as I can remember. I think I want to give the kid away. He is rarely happy.

And our appointment to see a Behavioral Therapist tomorrow was rescheduled to next week. I seriously want to strangle someone.

ETA: and the worst part is that Greenbean's twin sister, Sisi is such a sweet, happy little girl. But I get to give her a fraction of my attention because Greenbean is always screaming.

crl
02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I hope you find help for greenbean and the whole family soon.

Catherine

NancyJ_redo
02-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Huge hugs to you Lisa, you have so much on your plate right now :grouphug:

Melanie
02-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry. I hope the therapist doesn't reschedule again and can help!

LMPC
02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Seriously, I don't know how you do it all! :hug: I hope you have that appointment soon and get some support for greenbean and the rest of your clan! This is such a rough patch for you guys!

Uno-Mom
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Poor you. As a "BS" myself ... I can say, the "BT" better do well by you guys! I hope you come away with concrete ideas and feeling supported.

Sisi will do excellently. Don't worry. I do know exactly what you're talking about, though.

Indianamom2
02-08-2011, 09:34 PM
:hug: When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? You have so very much on your plate right now and all the stress just makes every little (and big) thing so much worse. I found my rather challenging DD to be at her absolute worst at just about the age that Greenbean is. That 3-4 range is awful, IMO....way worse than the "terrible twos".

I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing night. You need it.:hug:

MamaMolly
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I wonder what his triggers are? Cold it be food related? Poor guy, and poor mama! I hope the therapist is able to give you some answers.

niccig
02-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry Lisa. I hope you get some answers, or at the least the start to getting some answers when you have your appt. next week.

Can you call and ask to be notified if anyone cancels between now and next week?

gatorsmom
02-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry Lisa. I hope you get some answers, or at the least the start to getting some answers when you have your appt. next week.

Can you call and ask to be notified if anyone cancels between now and next week?

Thanks, everyone. I'm just so frustrated. During the 5 minutes it took to shut down and restart our computer and then load the ISpy CDRom for Greenbean, he literally did not stop jumping up and down asking for me to lift him up and put him in his chair. I must have said "calm down, Greenbean," 4 times. He was just so anxious that I wasnt' going to lift him up to see the game. Ugh, the kid's got issues and he's driving everyone insane.

As for the appointment, it's hard fitting it into our schedule since I have to pick up Cha Cha from preK at 11am everyday and then Gator at 3pm on the days I'm not with my dad doing chemo. So, next Wednesday is probably the soonest I could get.

twowhat?
02-09-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm sorry:( I really hope it's just a (long) phase that will pass. And soon.

zag95
02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Lisa-
Sorry that you are having such difficult times as of late. Here's to hoping that some relief heads your way. Hang in there!:grouphug:

bisous
02-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I think this must be an adjustment thing and that time and routine will help this! I hope your search for a nanny goes well and that you find a gem. Won't that be a load off! In the meantime, take care of yourself!