PDA

View Full Version : Need baby shampoo recommendation

Pinky
02-08-2011, 09:10 PM
So far I've only been using cetaphil for her body and hair but I'm noticing that my 10 month old is starting to have slightly greasy hair and I'm thinking she needs actual shampoo. Are CB and Method the main ones that are recommended? Am I missing anything? We really only use cetaphil and aquaphor on her and want to continue to use something gentle.

Uno-Mom
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
What texture of hair does your daughter have?

We use CB body wash and it's ok. Sprog has long, fine, straight hair. It washes fine but is very fly-away for a while after the bath.

CB is absurdly expensive. We use it at a very slow rate and will probably switch to something cheaper if she ever starts going through it faster.

Pinky
02-08-2011, 09:16 PM
What texture of hair does your daughter have?

We use CB body wash and it's ok. Sprog has long, fine, straight hair. It washes fine but is very fly-away for a while after the bath.

CB is absurdly expensive. We use it at a very slow rate and will probably switch to something cheaper if she ever starts going through it faster.

It's hard to say yet because it's just long enough now to put a barette in it and is just starting to get little curls at the bottom. It's fine I suppose and looks slightly frizzy in the areas where she has been laying on it when she wakes up.

edurnemk
02-08-2011, 09:19 PM
We used CB mostly on both body and hair. I've also tried Burt's Bees baby wash and shampoo, it's tear free and I love the smell. I haven't checked it out on cosmeticdatabase.com but most of their products are very gentle.

Now we use Dr. Bronner's Castille soap, I dilute almost 50%. I've used it for his hair, but it's not tear free so we stopped using it as shampoo.

With all of these I find a little bit is enough, and sometimes you can even dilute them. I also remember a thread about how J&J Natural lines was actually not bad (healthwise) and of course it's cheaper.

LMPC
02-08-2011, 09:23 PM
We use Burts Bee's bath and hair for babies -- it's got a great smell...but they also make it in fragrance free now. It's a bit pricey, but since you only use a little, it lasts forever.

MamaMolly
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
IIRC the Burt's Bees baby shampoo scored higher on the EWG site than the regular BB products because of the no-name 'fragrance' in the baby line. Personally I found it hard to wash out of Lula's fine textured but THICK hair. Same thing for the Method Baby. Smelled great but a PITA to wash out.

Here is a link I bookmarked from a previous thread. Disclaimer: I *think* that by posting a link to the actual blog I'm fulfilling their request not to cut and paste their information with out giving credit (??) or without permission. It says to link back to them. End disclaimer. :)

http://safemama.com/2010/03/15/paraben-phthalate-free-skin-care-baby/

mommylamb
02-08-2011, 09:48 PM
We like Burt's Bees here. I'm not a stickler for the EWG site like some people are on BBB.

firemama
02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
We use Little Twig fragrance free baby wash. They don't use parabens, sulfates or phthalates. I am an ingredient junky and love this brand. We use it on our DD hair and body. It works great so far.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Nature's Baby Organics is our go to one.

citymama
02-09-2011, 12:45 AM
California Baby users here. We get the 18 oz container and it lasts for 6 months (with 2 kids).

Smillow
02-09-2011, 12:56 AM
I like Weleda Calendula Shampoo & Body Wash (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CYDA9O/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000YOH6QI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JMSWQZ1H5CKV5004GJT) - it rinses out so easily!

twowhat?
02-09-2011, 01:27 AM
We use CB, but I put it in a soap foamer pump - makes it really easy to use a very small amount and quickly work it in and rinse out. I'm going to guess that this won't work well on an older child with thicker hair, but for babies and toddlers, it's great!

I also use Aveeno and it doesn't aggravate the girls' eczema.

star04
02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
We use Burt's, and Aveeno as a backup. I LOVE the smell of Burt's, but there is a newer version out now.