PDA

View Full Version : DH can you just humor my little pity party for 30 seconds?!

wendibird22
02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I am stressed out. Like "crying in my car on my way to/from work" stressed out. February is insanely busy for me at work. A huge load of day to day responsibilities that fall this month plus a major work trip next week. It is tough enough getting what I need done done and having 4 days out of the office next week makes it even tougher. Add to that the craziness created by a series of illnesses (kids and mine), doctors appointments, upcoming ear tube surgery, and I'm just drowning. I have taken so many half and full days to either stay home with a sick kid or take a kid to the doctor. And yes, DH has done his share too. But, when I learned today at a follow up doc appointment that my healthy child (so I thought) has the beginning of an ear infection (not the one getting tubes!) and bronchitis (she's hardly coughing) I just was totally defeated. So I'm calling DH at work to fill him in and I said that I'm done and that I'm calling "uncle." And his lovely response was "Well, this is what we signed on for when having kids." Thanks for the empathy DH. Really. You shouldn't have.

Now, in the grand scheme of things I know my issues are minor. I have nothing but sympathy and hugs for any of you whose children have serious and/or chronic health issues. This is a small bump in the road. I get that. But, I just wanted to have my little pity party for moment and then move on.

PS: Did I mention that next week is my dad's, my, and DHs birthdays? And that I'm out of town for all of them? And that I'm so swamped and overwhelmed that I haven't even bought gifts yet? Or that DD2s ear tube surgery is on Valentine's Day. Yup. Fun times.

If you've read this far thanks.

larig
02-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh, that is awful! How stressed you must be with all the bdays, sicknesses, work stuff, etc. :grouphug:

liamsmom
02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Ugh. That sucks. I hope your kids feel better. I too hate my DH's glib and non-empathetic responses and family birthday clusters.

zag95
02-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Dear OP mama-
I get what you are going through- that's why I cut way down to very part time- we only have one DD- but I do pretty much everything with/for her including speech therapy 2x per week (take her to appts), doctor's appts (with both ped and craniofacial team) etc.

See if you can order gifts for people and that'll be one item off your plate......

Put your DH in charge of getting a special gift/balloon for your DD who is having her tube surg.

Can you work a little time to catch up over the weekend (I know that is probably family time- but maybe a few hours might help you feel in a better place. Or you could before/after kids are in bed)

GL with the surgery and hugs on the catching up piece:grouphug: