PDA

View Full Version : Ok, flu you have won. DH enough already!

glbb35
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
A petty bitch about DH who is driving me nuts right now. Sunday afternoon it started as a ticked and a cough and by 7:30 I knew the shaking was me having the flu. Went to the doc first thing Monday morning (of course had to drive myself there even though I was so incredibly sick and barely able to stand up straight b/c dh had an appt w/the electrician doing some work at our house) only to find out it was the flu.

Sent home with meds and laid down. I was so sick. I can barely remember the rest of the day Monday. DH did watch the kids but he was not happy about it and I still had to get up and get their clothes ready for the next day, backpacks, etc ready and so forth. Forget making sure their teeth were brushed and homework done. Anyway, Tuesday afternoon middle child is running a high fever and has cold chills. I had to force DH to take him to the docs that night. He said his throat felt weird so he would get checked out too. DS#2 also has the flu. DH does not. The docs gave him anyway a bunch of meds which he promptly took and now declared he cannot do anymore (I am done were his actual words) as he is recovering from possibly getting sick. What???? I am just able to start eating again, am so weak I can barely get out of bed and I am still having to follow up with the kids to make sure their needs are taken care of and you are "done". WTF? What about me being done. You try actually being sick and then you can complain.

DH is off napping right now to "gather strength" meanwhile with the contractor here I can't take a nap in case he needs something. And with DS#2 not well, someone has to check on him. Why are men so bad at being men, fathers, spouses etc when they "think" they are sick. why can't I feel bad for a few days and be taken care of so I can gather strength? Ugh I am sick of it. Am I being unreasonable? I know we are super moms these days but what roles do men play? Why can't they step up when you need them the most? Why do they act like big babies and get away with it?

Thanks for listening.

Tired of being sick and tired of dh not stepping up!

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09

niccig
02-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Kick his butt out of bed and tell him that until he has a flu diagnosis from the Dr., he is still the healthy one. Once he gets that diagnosis, then he can nap in the middle of the day.

Seriously, I wouldn't be letting him sleep right now. You're the one that should be in that bed.

twowhat?
02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Not petty. Your DH needs to step it up. Now. Kick his man-cold to the curb.