PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Backpack Recommendations

rachelinla
02-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I have a 2 1/2 yr old and am expecting a new baby any day now, and I'm looking for a new diaper bag. I have just been using a regular backpack that I got on sale as my diaper bag up to this point, and I really like having it out of the way and hands free and all, so I think I'm looking for a backpack style now. The only downside is that I'll probably be carrying the new baby in an Ergo carrier a lot of the time. Anyone used a similar carrier and a backpack at the same time?
The main reasons I need something different are that the backpack I'm using now seems a bit small to fit stuff for both kids and it doesn't have any sort of pockets that would really work well for bottles.
So, does anyone have any recommendations of diaper bag backpacks you love?

lhafer
02-12-2011, 12:21 PM
I have a Skip Hop backpack bag that I love. I wore it to Disney recently and it held everything I needed for a full day at the parks for my 9 month old, my 4 hear old, and me (wallet, phone, feminine products, water, snacks, etc). I wore it with my Ergo and had no issues. I love this bag!!

lizzywednesday
02-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I used a DadGear backpack with an Ergo in NYC this fall with no problems other than possibly overloading the backpack.

It's really no big thing; just get a backpack that's appropriately sized for your frame. (I am a big person, so I usually overestimate what's appropriate.)

Armywife1stDr2nd
02-16-2011, 05:26 PM
I used my Ergo with my Jujube Packabe. I'm not sure how it would work for 2 little ones though since I only have one...

BabyBearsMom
02-16-2011, 05:28 PM
We have this: http://www.google.com/products/details?q=columbia+Trekster&hl=en&rlz=1T4HPND_enUS352US361&prmd=ivns&um=1&ie=UTF-8&docid=16646460368765830043
and really like it. It fits a ton and has snaps so you can hang it off your stroller.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
i also have the Columbia Trekster diaper bag backpack. i think i got mine at Babies R Us. love it. DH uses it a lot too. and i've easily worn the backpack while wearing my DS in front in a Pikkolo (plus carrying a Mac Volo over one shoulder), so it can be done! :)

i like how the trekster has an insulated compartment on the side..we put ds's bottles/food in there. the shiny insulating lining makes it easy to wipe the inside of that part clean if there are ever any spills