PDA

View Full Version : I have a dress recommendation!

elektra
02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
So after Ceepa's thread about following up, I thought I should post about my ensemble I asked for help on last week.
First of all, thanks again for everyone's recs on the shoes for my big evening out. :)
The boots I got rocked. :jammin:

I really have to recommend this dress though. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/suzi-chin-maggy-boutique-tie-waist-silk-dress/3122677?origin=category&resultback=0
I am kind of chubby right now, and I felt like this dress was perfect to hide my flaws and I still felt great. It was also stylish (IMO) but not slutty and so it was not inappropriate for work people, but could still work for any kind of non-work cocktail event.
It would probably work if you are skinny too. It does have a bit of a potato sack feel but it was comfy at least! It was also a bit on the short side but I felt completely comfortable in tights with it.
I just wanted to recommend it for anyone looking for anything- perhaps for a last minute Valentine's evening out purchase or something.

I would go down one size- it runs big.

citymama
02-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Cute! Do you wear anything on your legs like tights? Ever since pregnancy #2 and varicose veins popping up like a map of the world on my lower thighs, I stay away from dresses unless I can wear them with tights. I need something to wear with spring dresses that are the length of this one.

elektra
02-10-2011, 08:32 PM
My legs are hideous so I wore tights yes. I wore black ones.

SnuggleBuggles
02-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I think you need to be tall for this dress. I don't think there would be enough left of my 5'2"-ness in this dress. :)

I always envy those that can pull off a cool dress like that though!

Beth

DrSally
02-10-2011, 10:44 PM
It is very pretty/drapey, and I love that brand. I've never had luck with those types of arms though. I'm short too. On a related note. I was just at a funeral and wore a gray knit cowl neck dress that came with a belt in the same material, black tights and gray flannel mules (high heel). Super, super comfy for the weather, but also appropriate.

arivecchi
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I saw a pic of elektra rocking this dress and it does look fabulous! :thumbsup:

catpagmo
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
That's a really cute, stylish dress IMO!

elektra
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I saw a pic of elektra rocking this dress and it does look fabulous! :thumbsup:

Thanks arivecchi!

TwinFoxes
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
The cool thing about this dress is it's an unusual cut, which gives the dress some oomph, but it's also very classy. I love that red color, very hot.

elektra
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
It's my "Sisterhood of the Traveling Dress" dress!
Usually dresses like this are more tunic style and do not gather, which usually makes me look pregnant because I am on the busty side, but since this one has a tie at the waist, I thought it worked well.

I just had to share on this one!

citymama
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Usually dresses like this are more tunic style and do not gather, which usually makes me look pregnant because I am on the busty side, but since this one has a tie at the waist, I thought it worked well.

This is why it would never work for me - I am so not curvy and would make my flat chest look even flatter! I've figured over the years that dresses that are more fitted at/under the chest work best for me. I wonder if we should start a thread of "post your dress finds" like DrSally's "post your sweater finds" from the winter which I referred to several times over the season. Hmm.

boltfam
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
This is why it would never work for me - I am so not curvy and would make my flat chest look even flatter! I've figured over the years that dresses that are more fitted at/under the chest work best for me. I wonder if we should start a thread of "post your dress finds" like DrSally's "post your sweater finds" from the winter which I referred to several times over the season. Hmm.

nak - sounds like a fabulous idea! I second that motion.

DrSally
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I just wanted to clarify that I'm sure you rocked the dress, Elektra. Very fashion forward! I would love a "post your dress finds" thread.

YouAreTheFocus
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, love that red, so rich!

PAfirsttimemom
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I love that color red, too.