PDA

View Full Version : LeSportSac Everygirl Tote as dipe bag?

LD92599
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Does anyone have this tote as a diaper bag? I actually rarely use a bag it seems since i WOTH and just drop off stuff in daycare in a thermos insulated bag since it's just bottles. On Mondays I use whatever is handy to throw in clothes, blanket, sheet, but a bag itself doesn't stay at daycare, so this would be for ME to use on the weekends.

I always preferred backpacks but now i'm not so sure, plus i have the LE backpack so that's perfect for the days I NEED a backpack option.

I have a LeSportSac messanger (deluxe) that's great but it's too floppy and now i'm adding in the Vera lunchbag with misc food, bibs and spoons.

I want something w/ a little structure and that won't fall over when i set it on the floor (restaurants).

Thanks - or even any other suggestions...preferably under $100.

MamaKath
02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I have never seen a LSS that is not floppy! I love them, but the floppiness drives me crazy! A LE or LLB tote would have a bit more structure and has the option of a zip top. Also a VB Vera Tote has a bit more structure, pockets, and a button top. One other bag I saw a lady using recently as a diaper bag that is great and less expensive is a ThirtyOne Organizing Utility Tote ($22 + monogramming and s/h). I use one for my school stuff, have the kids art stuff in one, and have one in my trunk with a blanket and snacks. It is handy to have the pockets on the outside, the lady I saw had bottles in pockets, toys in pockets, then blankets, dipes, etc in the center outside tote.

toystorymama
02-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I used to collect the Tokidoki LeSportsac bags and I actually had someone make me a bag organizer that fit inside the totes. It was perfect and solved all the problems I had with the floppiness. You can also buy pre-made bag organizers.

LD92599
02-22-2011, 09:49 PM
I had both sizes of the everygirl tote in my hands today and the small is too small and the deluxe is too....floppy?!? Too big?

Then i went to vera and the miller seems perfect esp with the rigid bottom.

I want to see irl the skip hop bento though and maybe a timbuk2 tote.

Dfinitely something with a zipper. I keep diapering supplies in a jjb something...food supplies in a vb lunch bag, misc clothes in a ziploc etc.

DrSally
02-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't have one, but the floppiness would be the drawback for me. I like a diaper bag that sits and stays open, b/c you're often digging for stuff with one hand.

MamaKath
02-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I want to see irl the skip hop bento though and maybe a timbuk2 tote.

Try Marshalls or TJ Maxx for the Timbuk 2 tote. Our TJMaxx had a ton of them a few weeks ago. Their price was very similar to www.SierraTradingPost.com on the totes. They also always have a bunch of different styles and brands that might work. Might be worth a look-see.

ang79
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
How much do you carry? I have a Vera Bradley Pleated tote that I've been using as my winter dipe bag/purse. You can fit sippies or bottles in the two outside end pockets and it zips closed. There are a few small pockets inside (the normal purse pockets) so I use some organizer bags to separate dipes/wipes/spare clothes. I can carry spare clothes for 2 toddlers, snacks and sippies for three kids, and my own stuff in it and its not too heavy or full.

I tried the Vera bag and while I loved the amount of pockets inside, it doesn't zip closed (only a toggle closure) and it just felt much too big to carry as a regular bag (would be great for just going to grandmas or traveling and packing lots of extra stuff though).

LD92599
03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
I actually don't carry that much, i WOTH FT so i leave a bag in my car at all times, but i find on the weekends when we're eating out, i've got a bag of food supplies in addition to spare clothes (alot of spitting up lately), diapers etc..and now toys and gadgets.

Also, we did a weekend road trip and would have loved ONE bag in the van that was solely dedicated to the baby. I am now leaning towards the Vera Miller - it's big, but it squishes down, zips shut and has a life after kids.

I also tend to have things organized in other Vera bags - cosmetic bags, etc.

I guess it'll be a bag of bags!

I'm SO indecisive!

LD92599
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I decided on the Vera miller because of the more structured base...and I had a coupon ;-) And i like the new navy twirly pattern.

It's partially packed up now but i'll get a better idea this weekend once out and about w/ DS2.