PDA

View Full Version : Favor chicken recipe

boilermakermom
02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
I am stumped on what to make for dinner. DH and DD want chicken but I can't think of anything to make.

What is your go to chicken recipe?

Twoboos
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Bone in whole chicken breast roasted in the oven. With roasted veggies, too. Yum.

jse107
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
:yeahthat:

Also, I love to thinly slice the breasts in half and then rub them in pesto. Super yummy. If you want to take it another step, slice thick bread and make a garlic/pesto paste to put on one side (butter, pesto, garlic, parm.). Toast in the oven for a couple minutes until the bread is getting lightly brown. Top with pesto chicken breasts that have been sliced into strips. Sprinkle mozzerella on top and warm in the oven until the cheese is melted.

DHs FAVORITE!

BabbyO
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Before DS our go-to was Chicken and rice casserole. (DS can't have this because of his allergies).

We use the recipe where you use a box of uncle ben's or other flavored rice side, 1 can of cream of mushroom (or chicken or celery) soup, 1 can of water, and 2-4 chicken breasts.

Grease the pan (I use a pyrex baking dish) mix the rice, soup and water and put the breasts in the mixture. I usually spoon some of the mixture over the breasts so they stay moist. Bake at 350 for 45 min-1 hr or until chicken is done.

ETA: You can do this without the prepared rice side, too. We just use a cup of plain white or brown rice and add our own spice mixtures to add flavor. It requires more than a can of water, though. I think about 1 1/2 cans...sorry its been a long time since I made it.

Indianamom2
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I love my mom's sweet and sour chicken recipe. It's a little tiny bit labor intensive, but yummy!

Take a pound of chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces. Marinate in soy sauce for 30 min-1 hour in fridge.

Coat chicken in corn starch and deep-fry in veg. oil until golden brown.

Meanwhile combine a bottle of LaChoy sweet and sour sauce, can of pineapple chunks, sliced carrots and red/orange/yellow peppers and heat in saucepan over low heat until warm.

Add cooked chicken and serve over rice.

Yum!

brittone2
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Roasted if I want to prep and then kinda forget about it for an hour.

Chicken Lazone is a fav around here.

eta: we don't do a lot of bread, so one way I "bread" chicken is to dip in egg and then in the powdery parmesan cheese and bake. You can season the parm with spices/garlic, etc. if you want. Just thinking it might be one of those things where you have the ingredients on hand. Nothing earth shattering but ingredients we pretty much always have around at our house.

ABO Mama
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Ritz Chicken

Chicken breast cut into nugget sized pieces.

Marinate in ranch dressing, of your choice, for 10 min.

Make crumb coating of crushed ritz crackers, parmasan cheese, and parsley. (When I'm making 4 breasts of chicken, I'll use 1 sleeve of crackers, 1/2 cup parm, and a tablespoon or so of parsley.)

Melt 2 tbsp of butter in baking dish (I prefer glass). Dip the chicken in the crumbs, and put in pan. Sprinkle any extra crumbs over the top.

Bake at 450, for 7-9 min, and make sure the chicken is cooked through.

Serve with veggies of your choice; we usually have rice as well.

liz
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
:yeahthat:

Also, I love to thinly slice the breasts in half and then rub them in pesto. Super yummy. If you want to take it another step, slice thick bread and make a garlic/pesto paste to put on one side (butter, pesto, garlic, parm.). Toast in the oven for a couple minutes until the bread is getting lightly brown. Top with pesto chicken breasts that have been sliced into strips. Sprinkle mozzerella on top and warm in the oven until the cheese is melted.

DHs FAVORITE!

Seriously, why haven't I thought of that?! Sounds really yummy and easy. It's on my list for next weeks dinner!