PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BJCM colors - interesting

poohbear
02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
I was at Buy Buy Baby today and they had the BJCM in blue/black and fuschia/black (no grey in either). They were definitely 2011 models (I checked for pe boards and upright straps (I have a 2011 so I know exactly what to look for)). The person working was not particularly knowledgeable, so I wasn't able to find out if they were BBB exclusive colors or what. I should have taken pictures but I didn't. The blue was a royal blue similar to the blue of the 2008s. I had never seen anything like the fuschia (it was not the purple that is coming out - it was a dark pink)... I was in a hurry and had DS with me, so I didn't really get to spend more time looking for sku's or anything. They had price tags that said $239...

ETA - here:
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=128264&

I can't find the blue though...

Mommaof3
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Funny, I called BJ the other day to see if they were coming out with other colors and they told me BUY BUY BABY was going to have an exclusive blue one but when I called BBB they had no clue what I was talking about! Love the fuschia, not gonna work for my boy though :) Did you like the blue one?

poohbear
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Funny, I called BJ the other day to see if they were coming out with other colors and they told me BUY BUY BABY was going to have an exclusive blue one but when I called BBB they had no clue what I was talking about! Love the fuschia, not gonna work for my boy though :) Did you like the blue one?

I did, but I love blue :) Mine is all black and soooo boring...
The pink was cool looking, but I have a boy also and even if I didn't, I'm not a pink stroller kind of gal ;)

Mommaof3
02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
I may have to wait on buying one and see if I like it....

poohbear
02-12-2011, 04:07 PM
It looked a lot like this
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaLioBVA9wTECfrWrCUaVIGCOz8V-OLouT7Vl9Ly11RQC3J0ka

except that the grey was black and the panels were reversed like the pink is IIRC...

Mommaof3
02-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I do like that, thanks so much for posting the link :) Just not sure if it is worth not getting my 20% back from magic beans.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
is it just me but do the pics online at BBB totally look like it's brown & red instead of black & pink?

Mommaof3
02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
yes it does look brown which I like better. Also their green one looks much darker too which I also like more...

poohbear
02-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I wish they had a bright green, I'd be all over that.
No, it's definitely black, not brown. And the pink is not hot pink, but not light pink either. I should have taken pictures. Kicking myself...

artvandalay
02-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Cool. I would be interested in seeing the blue one.

Tho, I still love my crimson one :loveeyes:

roseyloxs
02-12-2011, 08:46 PM
(I have a 2011 so I know exactly what to look for)

When did upgrade to the 2011?

Kaylee31
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
When did you upgrade to the 2011?

:yeahthat:
Holding out on us, eh? :p Is the 2011 significantly improved? I'm happy w/our '10. Love the crimson, and don't have any problems w/slouching, since I put cardboard in the seatback slot. But I really like that blue!

poohbear
02-12-2011, 11:57 PM
:yeahthat:
Holding out on us, eh? :p Is the 2011 significantly improved? I'm happy w/our '10. Love the crimson, and don't have any problems w/slouching, since I put cardboard in the seatback slot. But I really like that blue!

It was a long story (too long to tell on the boards, and really not that interesting), but I ended up with a 2011. Honestly, I wouldn't say it's "significantly" improved. The seat does sit further upright. I don't know that it's worth upgrading though unless you love one of the new colors. I had done the cardboard in the seatback slot and I found that was a good solution for the slouching problem.