PDA

View Full Version : Which Jumperoo? Which Exersaucer? Where?

new_mom_mry
02-12-2011, 05:46 PM
The title says it all...I heard good things about the Rainforest jumperoo but haven't heard anything about exersaucers. Want to get one of each for my DS. Also, it would be super awesome to also hear where are the cheapest places to buy them (want to get them new) TIA!!

Katigre
02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
IMO you only need one - not both. They serve the same purpose and unless you have a gigantic house, they take up a lot of space. Judge which one you get based on your particular baby - if you have a baby who looooves to jump then get the jumperoo, otherwise go for the exersaucer (having used both, I prefer the exersaucer for longevity of use and space - the jumperoo took up more room).

To find a good price, watch www.babycheapskate.com's blog as they often have baby gear deals for that product.

Tondi G
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
we loved our evenflo exersaucers. We also had a doorway jumper seat that the boys loved.

The jumperoo is cool but I think the saucer actually last longer.... and the jumperoo is HUGE!

Purple18
02-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree on the saucer - it's more compact. We got a hand me down jumperoo and it was huge and just not as well loved as the saucer - it didn't seem to have as many items to play with. My kids liked the buttons on the attached toys and the spinning that you could do in the saucer - it also had overhead things to reach for and grab that made music - lots of fun for them. The saucer had a prominent place in the house and I listened to the sounds it made a LOT between the 2 kids so make it something that your OK with seeing/hearing all the time, but that is also fun for the kiddos. Ours is an Evenflo and it has kind of a school house theme - it's about 4 years old and has taken a beating from 2 kids and is ready to go for the next 2 (twins) - so I'm sure the themes are different now, but Evenflo has lots of options for saucers and they all look like fun.

mmsmom
02-12-2011, 07:22 PM
There is a Baby Einstein one that is a jumper & exersaucer in one. Both my kids loved it from 5-6 months to about 15 months

Smillow
02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I used a Baby Einstein exersaucer than I picked up on Craigslist b/c it had a high height limit - 29" (I think) my son used it through 18 months (long torso, short legs - never tried to climb out of it). It was great - I washed all the fabic parts in the washing machine & cleaned everything else with vinegar & water. And I sold it for what I paid for it ($35).