PDA

View Full Version : Have to recommend this little black dress

wendibird22
02-12-2011, 09:02 PM
If anyone is in the market for a little black dress I just have to recommend this one from ATL.
http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=28735&N=1200007&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=211&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_211&loc=TN&defaultColor=Black&defaultSizeType=Regular

OMG it is so comfortable with a stretchy material that is substantial and holds its shape. And the fit is so flattering. I'm 5'2" and bought a petite (they had it in store) and it just hits my curves (I'm pear shaped) perfectly. It is shorter but not so short that I feel like I'm wearing a mini.

I'm wearing it to an awards banquet that is semiformal. Now I just have to find some rockin shoes to go with.

DietCokeLover
02-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Very cute!

SnuggleBuggles
02-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Can I add my LBD recommendation? I adore this dress and felt so awesome in it. I have a loose skin belly and this really did a great job holding things nicely b/c of the ruching:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=514800&CategoryID=16422

It's stretchy, easy to move in, comfy and looks hot!

Beth

DrSally
02-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Very classic, OP! I like the gathering--adds interest and "hides" things.
Beth, I like your dress too. The ruching is great for hiding, again, and I like the "cap" sleeve. My arms have gotten flabby and a little extra coverage is nice. I just love "Lauren" by RL.

TamiRuns
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM
If anyone is in the market for a little black dress I just have to recommend this one from ATL.
http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=28735&N=1200007&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=211&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_211&loc=TN&defaultColor=Black&defaultSizeType=Regular

OMG it is so comfortable with a stretchy material that is substantial and holds its shape. And the fit is so flattering. I'm 5'2" and bought a petite (they had it in store) and it just hits my curves (I'm pear shaped) perfectly. It is shorter but not so short that I feel like I'm wearing a mini.

I'm wearing it to an awards banquet that is semiformal. Now I just have to find some rockin shoes to go with.

Just have to thank you for the rec....I tried this on last week but didn't buy b/c they didn't have the size I needed. I came home and ordered it in the size I thought I needed - just received it today and love it! This dress can be worn in any season if paired with the right shoes and cardigan. I plan on wearing it to a wedding in April.

Thanks again!

wendibird22
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Glad it worked out for you. I wore it this past Saturday at the conference I run and I had a ton of compliments on how great it looked. And I was so so so comfy in it.

catpagmo
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
OP, that is a cute dress! I'll have to check it out next time I'm at ATL. I really like how their dresses seem to fit. I bought a cute one last year, at the end of the season, that I'm hoping to wear sometime this summer.

Trigglet
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Ooh, that's so cute - I'd be a bit hesitant about the length - is it really mid-thigh length or is that just the tall model?!

TamiRuns
03-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Ooh, that's so cute - I'd be a bit hesitant about the length - is it really mid-thigh length or is that just the tall model?!

It's just the tall model!! I'm 5'6" and it hits me a few inches above the knee. I almost didn't try it on simply based on that picture......glad I did.