PDA

View Full Version : So over the sickies!

Tondi G
02-12-2011, 09:30 PM
My DS2 has been sick for over a week ... took him in on Thursday and he has an EI and is now on Antibiotics. He was wiped out yesterday despite having 2 doses of antibiotics but crashed out at 7:30 and didn't surface till 7:30 am... he woke up around 9pm upset that he felt icky and hot, managed to take a dose of motrin and knocked back out.

I have been sick since earlier in the week ... on wednesday I got a short break for 6 hours when DS went to school (only to come home looking pretty pitiful and spiked a fever that evening... thats what prompted me to take him in to the ped). Other than that I have been going full force. No rest for the sick mommy! I feel crappy and am maintaining on tylenol and sudafed, my neti pot and lots of water/fluids. I really don't want to take antibiotics but I am thinking this may be a sinus infection or something of the sort cause I am coughing up green gunk that is just not pleasant.

I just want my household to be sickness free and for DH and DS1 to stay well... they have been lucky this go-round. kids and parents up and down the block have been sick as well.... I'm sure the kids are just passing this crud around.

I would just like to be well so I can go on my DS's field trip this coming Wednesday and be healthy.

SnuggleBuggles
02-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Feel better!!!

I have had to volunteer at ds1's school a few times this week and every nasty bug in the world is floating around there- flu, pneumonia, strep, stomach bugs...I am in fear about what could come this way!!

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
02-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Hope you guys all feel better soon! We're on our 4th round of antibiotics (over 2 DC) since Jan. 4. So annoying to not be able to be around other kids, grandparents, have playdates, etc. Spring and fresh air will be very welcome!

Melaine
02-12-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm with you. After the long drawn out event that was DH's two week flu a couple weeks ago, today in the middle of our out of town shopping trip he suddenly said he felt awful and ended our trip early. Then he came home and slept through dinner and now both the girls are coughing and have woken up several times and I SWEAR...I am so over this flu season.

I swear we barely have a chance to go out in the real world and when we do, we catch something else!

OP, I hope your family is feeling better and that you guys can have a fun time on the field trip.

Tondi G
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm with you. After the long drawn out event that was DH's two week flu a couple weeks ago, today in the middle of our out of town shopping trip he suddenly said he felt awful and ended our trip early. Then he came home and slept through dinner and now both the girls are coughing and have woken up several times and I SWEAR...I am so over this flu season.

I swear we barely have a chance to go out in the real world and when we do, we catch something else!

OP, I hope your family is feeling better and that you guys can have a fun time on the field trip.

thanks! Field trip is tomorrow morning. Of course now they are calling for RAIN so we'll be walking 4 blocks in the rain with 50 kids. should be interesting. I went to the ENT today and got my antibiotics so I should be feeling better soon. Just powering through it. DS1 finally came down with it 2 days ago and missed school today... hopefully his stays simply a cold and doesn't turn into a bacterial infection of some sort (fingers crossed).

The ENT said there is so much icky stuff going around right now in our area. GREAT!

hillview
02-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok I just saw this -- I should have copied your post for mine! I hope you are all on the mend SOON!! HUGS :) we can start a club!!
/hillary

Twoboos
02-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Also ready for sickness to be DONE!!! We were all sick last week and I have a cough that's just lingering. There is definitely so much going around. I took DD2 to the ped last night since she's had a fever on and off for about 10 days - just low, but it won't go away - and the nurse said she had diagnosed seven cases of strep herself, on her shift.

Then I heard about a nearby school district that closed down for the day b/c the Norwalk virus was going through everyone.

I am volunteering at the school on Thursday and will be dousing myself in hand sanitizer afterwards!!!