PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp from CL (x-posted)

sandybean
02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi all:
I have a chance to get two Tripp Trapp seats for $200 from a seller on Craigslist. The one has a wooden bar across it with a crotch strap...is this the older style baby kit? The other does not have a restraint bar. I was thinking I can use the one with the bar for my two y/o and the other for my seven y/o at the dinner table. Is she too old?

Thoughts on this? Is it worth it? Will I need to get a baby kit or cushions? I have never had a Tripp Trapp but I hear how much you all love yours so any advice would be great. Are they tippy? My little one is a crazy kid at the table, ha ha.

In addition, can you adjust the height of the seat part to fit under any table? I would love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks!

swrc00
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I am not sure about the restraint bar. I am sure some others will chime in soon about that. I don't think you will need the cushion set. My DS is two and has been using it since 18 months. I find the cushion is just something else to clean. The seat and foot rest can be moved to meet any size table or child's height. I don't think it is too small for your seven year old at all. Adults have set in ours.

I love our Tripp Trapp and consider it my best bargain. I found it at a thrift store for $10. I will not have a problem paying full price for one for any future DCs. I think it is worth every penny.

sandybean
02-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Ten bucks?? I am jealous!!:bowdown:

mommytotwo
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
We've used the cushions on ours and they's worked out well. We never had one of the restraint bars. The chairs have really helped the kids sit at the table well.