PDA

View Full Version : any discounts/coupons for vista?

miamimommy
02-13-2011, 01:56 PM
after much discussion and reading (on these forums) i've decided on the uppababy vista stroller (yayyy!)

now the other -equally- important part.. price! any discount codes, any coupon codes? any ideas on getting it at a better price??

p.s. i saw that the orange 'alex' was discounted on pishposhbaby and they offer free delivery but if i have to return i will have to pay shipping which i'm sure would be rather pricey for such a heavy item.

satchnbucky
02-13-2011, 07:38 PM
albeebaby also has the alex on sale ($549.99), but they also have a difficult return policy. I would make sure you want the stroller and then order from one of those sites, since that is a great price (even if you don't like the color - a swap kit is only $99). Uppababy does not allow discounting on their strollers, so it's very difficult to find deals. (And with the exception of diapers.com and amazon.com, most sellers charge return shipping or restocking fees...)
HTH!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-13-2011, 08:23 PM
i got my vista last year for 10% off from Baby on the Go (free shipping, no tax). at the time that was the best deal, especially considering i could choose whatever color i wanted (i really wanted the red). i think i signed up as a new customer on the website and was emailed a 10% off new customer coupon. uppababy was not excluded brand, so i used that code to buy the vista.

maybeebaby08
02-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Do you have a local store? I couldn't find any discounts online after a lot research, but I went to my local store and they matched the online price for the Alex. I wasn't sure about the color, but when I saw it in person I really liked it and I LOVE the stroller.

miamimommy
02-14-2011, 02:19 AM
thanks everyone.

satch: my main worry is if the stroller arrives damaged ..do u know if im still resp for paying s&h for returning it?

maybee: yes i have a local buybuybaby and i called today but they are out of stock @all their stores and online on the ALEX orange which is the discounted one since it has been discontinued -- so they couldnt do a price match. (i also called all the boutique style stores that carried it but no luck..many did not have any in stock..or just wouldnt do price matching. i even called amazon too..lol..but no PM. :(

miamimommy
02-14-2011, 02:20 AM
and maybee: congrats on ur new stroller! :)

roseyloxs
02-14-2011, 10:14 AM
thanks everyone.

satch: my main worry is if the stroller arrives damaged ..do u know if im still resp for paying s&h for returning it?

maybee: yes i have a local buybuybaby and i called today but they are out of stock @all their stores and online on the ALEX orange which is the discounted one since it has been discontinued -- so they couldnt do a price match. (i also called all the boutique style stores that carried it but no luck..many did not have any in stock..or just wouldnt do price matching. i even called amazon too..lol..but no PM. :(

A retailer will take care of you if the stroller arrives damaged. Just take pictures and email them and I am sure they will send you a new one or a replacement part, whatever is necessary.

candaceb
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I can't find any of the recent posts where people griped about Uppababy customer service, but I just wanted to relay my recent experience. I called on Friday because I had the most common problems I've heard about with Vistas - canopy was assembled backwards (CS sent me an email with directions and I fixed it in 2 minutes), right front wheel wobbled, and rear wheels rattled. Saturday morning there was a box on my porch with 3 new wheels. I don't think you can ask for much more than that. So I think that if there was a problem when your stroller arrived, either UB or the retailer would take care of it.

miamimommy
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
I can't find any of the recent posts where people griped about Uppababy customer service, but I just wanted to relay my recent experience. I called on Friday because I had the most common problems I've heard about with Vistas - canopy was assembled backwards (CS sent me an email with directions and I fixed it in 2 minutes), right front wheel wobbled, and rear wheels rattled. Saturday morning there was a box on my porch with 3 new wheels. I don't think you can ask for much more than that. So I think that if there was a problem when your stroller arrived, either UB or the retailer would take care of it.

thanks for letting me know, that sure is great customer service! so rare nowadays....

Blackbird711
02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't even own a Vista (*yet* :loveeyes:) but when I called Uppababy a few weeks ago with questions, they literally spent 20 minutes on the phone with me and were very patient. So I think regardless of where you purchase from, you can feel confident that they take good care of their customers and just want people to be very happy with their strollers!