PDA

View Full Version : Slacker's trip report

klwa
02-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Okay, so we went to WDW back in December and I haven't bothered to write one up, so here goes:

The 4 of us flew down December 3 & stayed through the 11th. We stayed in the All Star Music value suites. Highly recommend them. :) We put the two kids in the big bed & we adults stayed on the pull outs. Don't know that I would do that again, but it kept us from walking in & out through their room to get drinks, etc. The next time we go, the kids should be old enough that that won't be as big of a concern.

We got park hoppers since we used them the last time we went, but didn't end up using them this time. Basically, we just stayed at the park until we were tired for the day, instead. I don't know that I'd spend the money on them again, but we'll see. I think I'll wait & upgrade if needed next time, though.

We had the dining plan, since we went during the free dining promotion & it worked well FOR US. Really going to be a person by person decision on whether it's worth it or not. I liked having lunch (the meal our kids eat better, so we used most of our meals on it) already decided on, and only having to wrangle everyone to make a decision at supper. And, since we like doing character meals, and our children are still counted as children cost wise, it paid for itself.

Also, we had groceries shipped ahead of time by wegoshop. Last time we went we used Garden Grocer. Both were good, I just felt I could get a better deal on what we wanted this time through wegoshop. It was great not having to worry about packing 10,000,000 pullups for DD & having them take up lots of room in our luggage. Also, nice to have milk & cereal back in the room for breakfasts.

And finally, we didn't rent a car at all, but relied on Disney transportation from the airport & around WDW. I have very few problems with this. The biggest issue that we had was that, quite regularly, the buses to & from the parks were just poorly timed. You'd wait for half an hour & no buses arrive, only to have 2 arrive within 5 minutes of each other. Also, and this is in many ways petty, it got a little old waiting for that half hour only to have (and I'll probably get flamed for this) someone in a scooter or wheelchair pull up with 10+ people with them & get immediately on the first bus. (I know, I know, it's petty. It just KEPT happening so regularly that it got tiresome for those of us who knew we weren't going to make it onto a bus that we would have 5 minutes before.)

So, there you have it. The good, the bad, and the "She didn't just say that!"

clc053103
02-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks for posting! I too would have been very annoyed by that as well- understand a scooter or wheelchair getting priority but a party of 10 basically jumping to the front of the line?

AngelaS
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
We just got back and felt the very same way about the scooters! Totally annoying! Especially after waiting for 30 minutes and then two scooters and their people would take up 1/2 a bus. :P

klwa
02-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I really can't decide how they should figure out the bus lines better, but it was tiresome. If there was some way to mainstream the lines it might help....