PDA

View Full Version : What new should I get for spring around $100 at Macy's

katydid1971
02-13-2011, 04:23 PM
My parents sent me a $100 gc to Macy's for Valentine's day and told me I couldn't spend it on DD :bag I rarely spend money on myself and would love to hear what you would buy with $100 at Macy's right now. I also have a couple coupons so really up to about $150 no problem.
Thanks, I really need something new to jazz up my rather boring mostly target wardrobe.

catpagmo
02-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I have no suggestions, but just wanted to say have fun shopping!

Canna
02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Really cute jeans that you'll wear a lot?
A bag?
Shoes?
Trench coat?
A fun dress?
Cute print tops or blouses?

Fairy
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Makeup? That stuff never ever ever goes on sale, and it never veers in price from anywhere else that sells the same stuff. So, that might be a good use of the card (the coupons won't apply to makeup, as I don't think they ever do).

DrSally
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Fun! They have lots of cute shoes--wedges, etc. Also, I just saw in their ad, that they have a sterling silver initial pendant very similar to the Tiffany's ones (don't know how they compare). I'm not sure if they have their spring clothing out yet. A new purse is a good idea if you need one (they have a good selection, I think).

boolady
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Makeup? That stuff never ever ever goes on sale, and it never veers in price from anywhere else that sells the same stuff. So, that might be a good use of the card (the coupons won't apply to makeup, as I don't think they ever do).

This is what I would do. My parents gave me a Sephora gift card for my birthday, and I bought some sorely-needed new makeup. It's been a really positive thing for me and makes me feel like I look a lot better, no matter what I'm wearing.

fauve01
02-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I love the INC clothes. it's hip but not too young for my 40YO self. here's a link, but it looks better IRL imo.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens/brands/inc-international-concepts?id=3481&edge=hybrid

otherwise, i'd look at a watch, purse, skin treatment (fancy face cream), or kitchen stuff.

anne

jvs195
02-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I'd get a really nice pair of jeans you love. Maybe a little makeup or perfume. Also if you need a nice coat or boots- lots on sale right now. These are the things I'd spend more on since you can get cute tops anywhere.