PDA

View Full Version : Waiting list for character dining?

MSWR0319
02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Is there a waiting list for character dining? If so, how do I get on it? We are wanting to eat breakfast at Tusker's in early May and I was hoping to get a reservation around 8. Last night there was an 8:25 open and I was too lazy to book it, well this morning it's gone. Do you think I have any luck of something opening up before 9:30 by then?

Tinkerbell313
02-13-2011, 05:31 PM
There is no waiting list for ADRs. You just need to stalk the Disney website and snag the reservation when you see it.

Tusker House Breakfast is a very popular breakfast. Foodwise, it is one of the better breakfasts at DW. Also, character interaction is great. Also, since you need park admission to get in, lots of people book TH on the day they plan on spending at AK. They will book an early morning reservation and then hop right on to the safari ride (which is right next door) right when the park opens.

Depending on how many people are in your party, you might try to book adding one extra person. For example if there are three people in the party...you may want to book with 4. The CM had us do that our last trip. I could not get a reservation with 4 people on line. I called and the CM could not...but as soon as he put in 5 people...lots of reservations opened up.

We still had a 4 person table...so we did not take the table away from a larger group. I thought I understood how ADRs worked...but this through a kink into my thinking.

MSWR0319
02-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Thank you!! I searched for 4 instead of 3 and got an 8:15 reservation. Good enough for us. They didn't ask for a credit card though. Is that normal? I read they charge your card if you don't cancel onetime but they didn't even ask for one. Did they give you any problems when you showed up and there were only 4 instead of 5? I figure we'd need a table for 4 anyway with 3 of us. I doubt they have 3 people tables. Thanks again!!

Tinkerbell313
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
They only ask for credit cards for certain restaurants and shows.

They ask for credit card guarantee for Cinderella's Royal Table and Askershus in Norway.

They ask for credit card guarantee for Hoop Dee Doo, The Hawaiian Luau, and Mickey's Backyard Barbecue.

They also ask for creditcard guarantees for certain higher end restaurants such as California Grill.

Most other restaurants do not require a credit card. Tusker House does not require a credit card.

When you go to check in at the restaurant, you will give them your name and the time of you ADR. They will then probably confirm the number of people. All I did was say no we have 4 not 5. The hostess changed the numbers in the computer, said OK, and gave me the thing (the word is slipping my mind) that goes off to let me know the table is ready. WE had no problems!!

Even though your ressie is for 8:15am...I would get to AKL around 7:45am. They probably won't let you in the park any earlier than 8. Everyone there is for the same reason to eat at TH. You should be able to check right in, wait in line to have your picture with Donald, and they should be able to seat you right away.

You will probably be done right at 9. You can then leave and get right on to the Safari.

Have a great time.