PDA

View Full Version : Thin and flocked hangers

nupe
02-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Has anyone tried this style of hanger?
They're all over the place, including BB&B and Costco and Qvc. I wonder if the flocking comes off over time, and if it gets onto the clothing. I also wonder if they are as sturdy as the basic container store plastic ones that I adore and use--I hate when a hanger breaks or bends out of shape due to the weight of the garment. Have you tried any of these?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=123267

WatchingThemGrow
02-13-2011, 10:55 PM
we got the set from Costco last year. Our closet is tiny so it was great to have more space in it. DH says they make him less efficient b/c the shirts don't slide off quickly, lol. We have no other complaints yet. I like that they look uniform. the ones from Costco have some with shoulders and some without, which is nice.

Smillow
02-13-2011, 11:04 PM
I have "Huggable Hangers" and love them as we have about 5' of closet space.

DrSally
02-13-2011, 11:27 PM
I just got some at Costco too after people here were talking about them. I didn't know they came with and without shoulders. I like how them have made more space in my closet. I have to go get some more. I don't know about the flocking coming off b/c I just got them. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I do think it's annoying that it takes a few more seconds to get a knit shirt onto the hanger, but it does prevent slippage.

Smillow
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I've had mine for 4 years & no flocking flying around - it's all still on the hanger:)

reneed
02-14-2011, 02:29 AM
I have the real simple brand and Joy mangano and I really like the Joy mangano 100% more. They are a little more expensive but they never lose shape - they are made like steel.

7pages
02-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I've had mine for a few years and they are fine. I like that wide neck shirts and sweaters don't slide off!

ha98ed14
02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
What's flocked mean? What does it mean "without shoulders"? Don't hangers by definition have shoulders?

MamaMolly
02-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I bought a small set from Marshalls or TJ Maxx while on vacation and I really like them. I plan to buy a whole big set when we move the next time. Glad to hear the Joy Mangano ones are nice, I was flipping by QVC last week and the colors were so pretty! I think I'll get us all a set.

Flocking is the fluff like velvet that covers the hanger. I haven't had any trouble with it coming off and it will be a year in April. I don't know what the shoulders are, maybe padding?

Claki
02-19-2011, 08:35 AM
We have a bunch from Target. They are very high-quality, no problems with shedding or durability. What I don't like is similar to what a PP said her DH doesn't like -- I can't quickly slide my clothes off the hanger. They work too well!

I find these hangers to be much more durable than plastic hangers. I break those all the time.