PDA

View Full Version : Hi. It is 3:55 a.m. and I'd like to sleep please...

bisous
02-14-2011, 08:01 AM
So could my stupid flu induced head cold that does not permit me to breathe through my nose AT ALL PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, go away so I can get some rest???

The routine right now is sit up in bed with a book. Fall asleep (sitting up) in a fit of exhaustion. Wake up an hour later lying down and unable to breathe and not be able to sleep. Because I can't breathe.

I HATE being sick while pregnant. Saline is just not working for me. In fact, I think I'm starting to get "allergic" to my neti-pot. I can't take anything effective so I'm sitting here drinking water and hoping that I'll just "get better" so I can get some rest. I'll never take breathing for granted again!

golightly1118
02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Between head colds, having to pee every hour on the hour, and the Charlie horses that would crop up for no good reason, I don't think I slept more than an hour at a time during my last trimester. I also remember having fantasies about brutally murdering people who would tell me (in a chipper, well-rested voice) that it's just practice for mommy-hood. So, just wanted to say I sympathise, I really do.

kedss
02-14-2011, 07:08 PM
hugs, bisous, I have god awful tmj/teeth stuff + reflux, and it doesn't matter how I sleep it stinks- here's hoping we both feel better asap!

Rainbows&Roses
02-15-2011, 01:35 AM
Elderberry. I **wish** I had known about it while sick and pregnant. Everything I have read says it is safe to take, but you should check that out for yourself.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-15-2011, 01:44 AM
:hug: btdt recently,, not with a flu but with a sinus infection after being sick with a cold for 2 weeks. being sick while pregnant indeed sucks big-time... the congestion (along with the sharp kicks to the ribs, peeing every hour, charlie horses) makes getting decent sleep next to impossible. hope you get some relief soon.