PDA

View Full Version : Sleeves too short

twowhat?
02-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Does anyone run into this problem? I am not petite but wear small sizes (0/2/XS). I got a couple of sweaters for work yesterday in size xs, and they fit great - except that the sleeves are a tad too short! They'll still work, but it's annoying because I like for the sleeves to be long (esp for sweaters).

I had the same problem with my recent Canvas purchase - stuff fit great everywhere but sleeves too short (they don't cover my wristbone). Ugh!

lizzywednesday
02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Yes. All.the.time. But I am big so I take issue with a LOT of things in clothing. (Heck, in high school, I gave up on pants for two years because it was so frustrating.)

It's like while companies realized that not all women have a 32" inseam, they forgot that those of us who do not might also have longer arms.

The only time I've been able to get a button-down shirt to fit correctly in both the body and the arm is ordering LE tall sizes, which they don't have in every item. It would be really nice if they'd start offering cardigans, jackets and coats in tall sizes, but, alas, they likely won't.

DrSally
02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
I just read on the reviews on the Canvas items that some of the XS items end up being too short in the arms :( I'm sure it's not just a canvas thing. I find that as my pants get smaller, they also get shorter, so I'm finding the petites too short now (but the reg too long)!

brittone2
02-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Kind of.

I am borderline petite (I'm like 5'2.5") and have longer legs/shorter torso for my size. So regular length pants are usually crazy long but petite lengths are often floods. It has gotten better in recent years with more inseam lengths available some places, but I seem to always be in that awkward spot. Obviously I need to buy and just pay for alterations but hate spending the time and sometimes not thrilled with spending the extra $$ for altering every day items.

MIL often buys me petites (Lauren by Ralph Lauren sweaters/tops) and I think the sleeves or torso length is often short on me, and I'm already short waisted.

ahrimie
02-15-2011, 12:38 AM
I've just learned that some brands are cut a bit longer than others. I'm only 5"3 but I have long arms for my body. I like Jcrew :)

twowhat?
02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
I've just learned that some brands are cut a bit longer than others. I'm only 5"3 but I have long arms for my body. I like Jcrew :)

YES!!! J Crew works awesome and it just makes me more angry that they keep moving away from their 2005s classic style to stuff that I think is just too trendy. Grrr. I can still find good pieces, but their prices are pretty steep.

mezzona
02-15-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah actually. and i usually get jcrew sweaters in sz 2 or xs and the sleeves are still too short.

Smillow
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I often end up buying mens tall clothing to get sleeves long enough (and I am only 5'8"!). Very frustrating!