PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own an Orbit stroller?

ahrimie
02-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I know it's ridiculous. But when you're pregnant, it's okay to be ridiculous right?? I just petitioned my bachelor bro to buy it for us but he just scoffed at me :)

I'm just wondering if anyone has IRL experience/review on it. I currently have the Bug Cam and Bee and fantasizing about a trade..

twotimesblue
02-15-2011, 01:02 AM
We had one before DS was born (managed to pick one up for half price at a baby boutique that was closing down) and I sold it on CL after a few minutes of pushing it around my apartment! I realized that I hated having two handles instead of one (no one-handed push on a $1000 stroller?? Insanity!); the brakes seemed really flimsy and the basket was TINY and a total PITA to access.
I was so glad we sold it; a friend kept hers and she hates it. She said the swivel feature is only useful for a few months with the bucket seat as the infant seat is super-heavy without a baby in it and is small, so the child has to move to a convertible quite early on. She likes that you can swivel the baby around on the stroller seat but says that IRL she has used that feature maybe three times (at the zoo etc). It's a bit of a gimmick IMHO and even though you see a lot of people pushing them in my area I've still never taken to the space-agey looks. It's a preference thing, though, as some Orbit owners are evangelical about them.

ahrimie
02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh, I'm SOOO glad you told me! I've seen them at the mall around here.. but the things you mentioned are all deal breakers for me. I need/love a one handed push. And I can't go to a smaller basket than the Cam/Bee.

You woke me up from a state of delusion... thank you!!!