PDA

View Full Version : TMI...question about odor

Myira
02-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Anyone else notice a lot more odor down there while pregnant? I really do not remember if I had it or not last time, but this time I definitely notice the discharge and odor. Normal right? Just want to confirm.

stinkyfeet
02-15-2011, 10:07 AM
There is definitely discharge (leukorhea--sp?), but it really shouldn't have an odor. I do remember my OB asking if i noticed an odor--you should tell your OB during ur next appt.

ahrimie
02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
I noticed mine smelled funny and told my OB. She prescribed me something; turned out to be a bacterial infection. I don't remember having this much discharge the last time... such a hassle. I can't tell if I peed myself or it's just discharge! :(

BabyBearsMom
02-15-2011, 01:51 PM
I remember a lot of discharge, and a mild odor when I was pg. But it wasn't a strong smell, just sort of a dischargey smell if that makes sense. Yuck, that was so gross. I bought all new underwear after I was pg.

ohsara430
02-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Odor can definitely be a sign of infection, best to ask your dr. about it.

ewpmsw
02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Sometimes a different odor can be totally normal. Hormones change things. I've read (and experienced, TMI) that some women notice a sweet odor, others not so sweet, without the presence of an infection. I was really self-conscious about it with both pregnancies and bugged the heck out of my midwives about it the first time around. Best to get it checked out, if only for peace of mind.

AshleyAnn
02-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Ask your doctor to double check. I noticed I had an excessive watery discharge with an odd odor with pg#2 but didn't think to ask my doctor until it had become really excessive. Turns out my cervix was thinning and I was losing my muscus plug. If I had been checked out earlier it could have been care of and I may not have lost that child.

Some discharge is normal but better safe than sorry - ask your doctor.

eh613c
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
I agree with PPs, it's normal but tell your OB anyway. I'm sure s/he has heard worse.